Ashley from Kingwood, Texas

ZealousBash

Greenie
May 31, 2013
Kingwood, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey!

I'm brand new to this, but I've been collecting coins for awhile. I've become obsessed with treasure hunting, and I can't wait to get started! I don't have a detector yet. I'm saving for one, but I'm on a budget, so I'm looking to only spend about $100 - $125. I've been looking at the Bounty Hunter Quick Silver; does anybody have any experience with it? Can somebody recommend something in the same price range? Are there any forums on here that discuss detectors?

Also, I've looked into the clubs in the Houston area, and they sound great, but I was hoping to reach out to some people specifically in the Kingwood, Porter or Humble area. Some experienced guidance would be much appreciated.

I look forward to getting to know some people and to sharing my first finds. I can't wait!

Thanks,
Ashley

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Id save a little more and get the Tesoro Compadre. They run for about $160. , Welcome to the forums!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from the Alamo City. I hate to take sides on detectors, but I will tell you this. I have found great stuff with really, really cheap detectors. Lots of coins, square nails, old bullet casings, jewelry. You can always trade up to something better. I agree on the Tesoro Compadre, but $160 is a lot when you are on a budget. Contact the clubs around Houston. You may get a deal on a used one...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread