R

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
Got to test the sprayers .... I ended up going with 1.5mm ... 51 in total and with pump running at 50% had heaps of pressure but lacked a bit in volume to the le trap which I knew would be the case ... and so now wondering weather to ream them out a bit or install a pipe with holes in the back of the trough ??? any advice or thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated ......

I had also planned to test the nozzle and splitter/manifold but the 1 1/2" hose clamps I bought were to :censored: small and refused to fit my 25m 1 1/2" pipe from Slovakia ( not in pictures ) which is to come off pump and feed splitter to hopper, nozzle and blaster so I had to supply the hopper with my flexible nozzle pipe to test :BangHead:

Any way was reasonably happy with the hopper performance ... the top grizzly is hinged and flips up to rid rocks ... and is also adjustable .. the weight also sits on the spring ...

The cover I made for the inlet strainer that was supplied with pump fits over it and is meshed down to 1mm from 2.8mm .. the pump having 3mm tolerance .. any way it works great ...

Now have to find decent Bulgarian hose clamps that fit my pipe from Slovakia ... fortunately I had a few Norwegian ones lying about from my days in Haugesund ... its tough going here in Bulgaria for plumbing parts as there is extremely limited choice ... the plumbing on the hopper was sourced from no less than 7 shops :mblah05:

untitled7.png untitled1.png untitled2.png untitled4.png untitled5.png untitled6.png

OP
OP
R

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
Plumbers Tip

If you fit matching unions on either side of the tee which supplies the hopper spray bars ... then you can feed it from either the left or the right ... seeing if ones pump is upstream and dependent on which side of a river you intend to be ...

OP
OP
R

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
I have decided to ream my 1.5 holes out with a round file ... whilst in action ... that way I can hone them in ... as well as gradually increase volume... it may take a bit of time ... but its the most effective way I can think of :tard:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
On my spray bar , I made the holes 3/16 but the important thing to remember while building this is a way to clean out those holes. small gravel WILL eventually build up and plug these holes. I have a clean out opening on the ends of the spray bar to "uncap" the ends a drop the small sands out of the inner spray bar. trust me this will happen!

OP
OP
R

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
russau

True ... I initially had planed for slits but when testing found I was unable to keep a steady enough hand to my 4" grinder ... and so it got messy ... but at this point had already glued my sprayer ... which took over a hundred separate parts to glue with fast setting liquid weld ... anyway it is not a problem because I can blast the buildup out the inlet by turning the hopper upside down and with a tilt blast each opening ... I did try to find a way of capping the ends but could not find the 1" fittings

3/16" that be 4.7mm may I ask what is the specs on your pump and how many of these holes do you have in relation to your spray bar pipe size and approximately what GPM does this deliver .... there really is limited reference to this and I gave up trying to calculate it by surface diameter with pressure being a varying factor dictated by RPM of ones pump motor etc etc .... this is also a first for me as far as plumbing goes and I must say its a lot more complicated than first meets the eye :mblah05:

OP
OP
R

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
This may appear to be off topic ... but it is the treasure I seek ...

When we read proverbs we get a clue as to what the treasure is that does not get eaten by moths, does not rust or can be stolen ... which in another thread it looks as if the people of Canada are being robed of their gold ... which be nothing new

A clue as to where this treasure be hid that surpasses all our worldly desires can be found in this verse ...

Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold. She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

So the question is who is She ? and to find this pearl of great price ... why must one sell all they have to find it ?

To be continued .......

OP
OP
R

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
Tested my splitter and nozzle today ... awesome suction whilst sprayers delivering heaps of pressure + with my grizzly attendant's ( wife's ) blaster working sweet ... (not found my blaster yet ) and all this with pump at 3/4 throttle ... I was not out to find gold so went to a nearby river but did a test on little amount I did send through to the sluice and found heaps of copper a few silver and a bit of lead ... all in all a good day ...apart from a guy in front of me who swerved to avoid road cones and ended up crashing ... he was ok .. but his little car was toast

OP
OP
R

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
Question

I need to dampen the flow of water as it lands in the trough ... reason being to rid air bubbles ... and spread it evenly ... now I know you guys use a rubber damper but this will not work where I want to attach mine because I will have varying depths of water in the trough ... I recall seeing a video from Doc where he had a hinged curved flap in one of his hi bankers but can not recall what he called it or find the video ... I believe in my case this will work great as it will also pool the water a bit before it enters the sluice ....

I have tried all kinds of word searches for this device but it is eluding me and so need :help:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Question

I need to dampen the flow of water as it lands in the trough ... reason being to rid air bubbles ... and spread it evenly ... now I know you guys use a rubber damper but this will not work where I want to attach mine because I will have varying depths of water in the trough ... I recall seeing a video from Doc where he had a hinged curved flap in one of his hi bankers but can not recall what he called it or find the video ... I believe in my case this will work great as it will also pool the water a bit before it enters the sluice ....

I have tried all kinds of word searches for this device but it is eluding me and so need :help:

Is this what you are looking for? VIDEOS | Gold HighBanker I did not re watch them but I see the flap you are talking about.
Check this too. It shows pictures. Owner?s Manual | Gold HighBanker

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
arizau

Thanx mate ... much appreciated ... yes this is one of them ... which will work ... I also recall seeing another type of Doc's it was curved plastic and hung on a hinge ... the weight of the water opening it up ... it is this one I am referring to as I have of yet to find suitable rubber ... but if I do then will copy this which you have supplied me with....

Thanx again :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread