cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have started electronic recycling. I tear apart old computers and electronics and pull out the circuit boards and anything that has gold on it. When I get enough I will figuer out what to do with it. Some people refine it themselves and some turn around and sell it to people who do the refining.

When I hit yardsales I have started asking if the want to get rid of old electronics and save them from the dump. I started at 7AM and by 8:30 my car was full. After I got home around noon it took me hours to tear down everything. I now have over 10-15 pounds of circuit board and 95% have gold on them.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Dan, you never cease to supprise me. With all you got going, garage sales, swap meets, e-bay, coinrolls, etc., etc., you still have time to take on a new task. good for you.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldinmypan said:
Dan, you never cease to supprise me. With all you got going, garage sales, swap meets, e-bay, coinrolls, etc., etc., you still have time to take on a new task. good for you.
I have to, my daughter goes to Cal Poly (no not SLO, she got wait listed there) and Pomona has hinted fees are going up again. :'(

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you just scrape the gold off the contacts?

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH said:
Do you just scrape the gold off the contacts?
No, strong acids are used. I do not plan on doing this myself, my workshop is not equipped for this. If I did use the acids my widow would be able to use your icon. >:(

I am just accumulating these for now. I will look for a buyer who will do the dirty work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread