Ask Comsumer Reports to test metal detectors.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always thought Consumer Reports should do a reporting on metal detectors since there are so many of use that use them. There are many different kinds of detectors and it is confusing for a person that wants to join the hobby. I have been at it since there was dirt and I am curious what they ( Consumer Reports ) would write about them. I e-mailed them and they said they had thought of it but didn't think many people would be interested.

Just a thought that should be carried out.

HH,
Sandman

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Altho I can See It Would Be a Good Idea, I can also see It As A Process, That Wouldn't Get Much confidence in.

The Main Reason Being.

WHO does the Tests, And Why Should They Be Believed ?

Unless They Have Expert Detectorists on Their Staff Of Course.

D

Doctor Detroit

Great idea Sandman, I'll get right on it. I too would be interested in what would be reported and if they have the expertise to do a good job.

This is a great hobby and I hardly have time to get out with my practice as busy as it is, but I try. I would like to start working the beaches too but need more experience. I read the treasure magazines and visit the Golden Oldie's web site which is a good place to start.

Good Luck to everyone,
Doctor Detroit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread