ask me your 1715 fleet questions,,,,,see if i can answer em

liverock

May 23, 2008
who was the guy that lived at 101 A street in Capehart AFB in 1961? your going to have to be good on this one.......as 1715 as it gets.....

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, Where is the BIG Yellow STUFF located :)? Yeah,pounds of it !:)

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
RTR _ in the ocean --wize guy ====== live rock--one of the founding members of the reale 8 group LOU U

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok...

What year was the 1715 fleet ?

:P

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTR _ in the ocean --wize guy ====== live rock--one of the founding members of the reale 8 group LOU U

You sure, It's " IN THE OCEAN" ??? LOL ....

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AARC ,,, WHEN DID IT LEAVE SPAIN OR WRECK ?

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
YEP IN SHIPWRECKS IN THE OCEAN

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
RTR,,,,BEING THIS IS THE SHIPWRECK FORUM....but of coutse some was recovered buried on shore or washed up on shore

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTR,,,,BEING THIS IS THE SHIPWRECK FORUM....but of coutse some was recovered buried on shore or washed up on shore

And their contents are not washed ashore ? AND OR carried & buried Ashore ?

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
now any real question like say how many ships in the fleet --general rough possible areas of loss --ect?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now any real question like say how many ships in the fleet --general rough possible areas of loss --ect?

I already know all that.

Ivan... no offense... but most of that info is readily available online given enough Google searches. :)

Again... no offense.

IS there something YOU have to offer that isn't "common knowledge" so to speak ?

Looks like you want to post some info and are looking for an excuse to do so... so have at it... I for one am listening.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, I detected from Vero beach up past Sebastian inlet for over a year and still do. Do you have any reliable info on a ship or 2 that made it further North before being wrecked near shore?
thanks.

WaveJunky757

Jan 31, 2018
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something about the 1715 dosent jive with me. I have learned everything I know through this forum, I am no expert. . Where is the “rest” of it? “Supposedly” there’s a lot left. There are big missing links to this puzzle that shouldn’t be missing. What we have here is a heavily laden fleet that exploded in shallow water very very close to land. This might sound naive or rude, but why hasant the rest been found? You will never find all of it, and I understand the ocean is a very big place. I naturally compare this fleet to other high profile wrecks. In my personal opinion it seems that it would be much much harder to find say the Atocha or even more so the 1641 Concepcion. That wreck was found so far out in the middle of nowhere buried in miles of reef that all look the same. That’s the definition of finding a needle in a haystack. Yet the 1715 that busted up practically on the beach is so elusive. I just don’t get it. My theory is that the 1715 was salvaged much much more extensively than we realize, or more than people want to admit. Is there any salvage record of say late 1800s turn of the century? Has poaching this last century been way more rampant than publicized? Did the Indians get more than we ever imagined? Too much just dosent add up. The search area is drastically smaller than the previous wrecks I mentioned not to mention the water column is much shallower. Did the reef system grow at a rapid rate covering a lot up? How have more locations not been positively identified. There are “theories” but little concrete evidence. Not one single bell has been recovered on a site to positively identify it? I understand the scatters run together. Or is there a lot of hush hush to keep the investors there to keep the wheel always turning. Sorry for the long rant.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something about the 1715 dosent jive with me. I have learned everything I know through this forum, I am no expert. . Where is the “rest” of it? “Supposedly” there’s a lot left. There are big missing links to this puzzle that shouldn’t be missing. What we have here is a heavily laden fleet that exploded in shallow water very very close to land. This might sound naive or rude, but why hasant the rest been found? You will never find all of it, and I understand the ocean is a very big place. I naturally compare this fleet to other high profile wrecks. In my personal opinion it seems that it would be much much harder to find say the Atocha or even more so the 1641 Concepcion. That wreck was found so far out in the middle of nowhere buried in miles of reef that all look the same. That’s the definition of finding a needle in a haystack. Yet the 1715 that busted up practically on the beach is so elusive. I just don’t get it. My theory is that the 1715 was salvaged much much more extensively than we realize, or more than people want to admit. Is there any salvage record of say late 1800s turn of the century? Has poaching this last century been way more rampant than publicized? Did the Indians get more than we ever imagined? Too much just dosent add up. The search area is drastically smaller than the previous wrecks I mentioned not to mention the water column is much shallower. Did the reef system grow at a rapid rate covering a lot up? How have more locations not been positively identified. There are “theories” but little concrete evidence. Not one single bell has been recovered on a site to positively identify it? I understand the scatters run together. Or is there a lot of hush hush to keep the investors there to keep the wheel always turning. Sorry for the long rant.

I agree. that's why I asked the question. Some must have made it farther North knowing the storm was coming and they too would have been run against the reefs. I've searched Ponce inlet and didn't find anything but I need a good storm to come in and take out about 10' of the sand. Ill bet a lot of that treasure is now buried under parking lots off A1A.

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
ok ask away,,,,

Hi Ivan, hope your keeping well, I would like to know more about this Greg Bounds 1715 fleet cannon is there any markings on it that ID the year or foundry where it was made?
Cuzcocannon.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions