Asking permission: male vs female

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I have noticed a trend when I ask people for permission to hunt properties whether it is public or private. If the person in charge is female I almost always get denied. If they are male I almost always get permission. I don't know if it is because I remind the women of their ex husbands or what, but I rarely get permission from women. Usually the men don't give a rip. Maybe the women feel threatened or they just like the power of saying no (no means no). I was wondering if the other guys have experience the same thing?

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I think its a safety factor...Women say no,because they dont want a guy snooping around their property.Women who live alone need to put up alot of safety barriers and always be alot more cautious than a two couple home.
But....If I were to ask a lady to hunt I have no problem...because there is no saftey issue between gals....have your girlfriend or wife ask for permission...probally get farther if the lady you were asking knew you had a woman at home...

OP
OP
R

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I'm not just talking about private property. There are businesses and public property where the person in charge was female and they denied me permission.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I get a 50/50 on that.

It's hard to say, Because I have Run into more Men to ask then Women.

however of the 4 Women I remember I have asked in person, It's been 3 to 1 Posative

On Men, I don't remember Totals. but again More yes's then No's

My main Problem, is in Letters, I get more No's (by way of NO Response, Even with S.A.S.E.'s included) then Yes's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread