spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly doubt you can detect there it is a state park..

Correction.... 2 states have a little piece of that land, both MD & VA :tongue3:

Have fun sorting that out :icon_thumleft: :laughing9:

HUNTER12

May 24, 2011
No, You can not hunt Assateauge in Maryland or VA. All of the island is a nationale seashore park, all exept a little section on the MD side that belongs to the state of MD. You can't even bring a detector or have one in your trunk when in the national seashore park on both states. They do inforce the law. Really research the MD state beach side. God luck.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assateague

Assateague Island has both Federal and state parks. The Maryland State park is a small section at the entrance of RT 611 Stephen Decatur Highway. Got to the end, entrance is off the circle turn around, to a parking lot. This is the MD park. Get a good map because even possessing a detector in a federal park (Assateague National Seashore) is illegal. The not so good news about the Maryland park (Assateague State Park) is detecting is only allowed east of the dunes, (not in any protected ares) from Labor day (September) Memorial day (end of May). So all summer is out. The exact rules are posted at this link. Maryland Department of Natural Resources - Maryland Park Service

It is a fun place to go when you can.

Ed D.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all.I kinda figgered that...darn it ! But my sister goes there quite alot and I have an open invite to go along so I'm going to go to cheak it out anyhow...what about lasso'ing the horsies can I at least do that ? :tongue3:

HUNTER12

May 24, 2011
You can still md on your vaka. Go to O.C near Assateague on the Md. side.Also 45 min will put you in Delaware, great beaches for mding. good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread