Assumption

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope it is not safe to assume that at all. Get a few bags and if after getting 5 or 10 bags and there is no silver then you can assume that that particular machine rejects silver.or you can do an experiment and put a silver coin in and see what happens

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope it is not safe to assume that at all. Get a few bags and if after getting 5 or 10 bags and there is no silver then you can assume that that particular machine rejects silver.or you can do an experiment and put a silver coin in and see what happens

What he said.

iammoleman2

Oct 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I have picked up a half dozen bags of dimes from a bank machine and find silver in every bag. A few months ago I got a bag of halves from a different branch of the same bank. A few weeks later I was back and thanking them for the bag when I mentioned I found a few nice coins but no silver she immediately says their machine rejects silver. Same machine, different branch, different calibration. Get a few bags and see. Try dimes as well as halves.

OP
OP
Oquario79

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on my way to pick it up. Doesn't hurt to try a bag. Will post updates....

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy any and all bags when giving the chance, dimes and halves that it. They are my favorite to search. I've had 100+ silver half dollar bags in the past three years

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there isn't a return slot for rejected coins on the machine you can be sure it doesn't.

OP
OP
Oquario79

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok.. well no keepers whatsoever. It gave me a few extras.. One Sacagawea, 2 bent pennies and last an extra half.. but that's good to know for future don't turn them down...

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok.. well no keepers whatsoever. It gave me a few extras.. One Sacagawea, 2 bent pennies and last an extra half.. but that's good to know for future don't turn them down...

It is definitely a good sign to find other denoms in the bag, trash and other thi gs are good sign too that the machine doesn't kick out silver. My best keeper bags had bullets, glass, paper, guitar picks, and others coins mixed in them and produced well. HH, Maverick.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bags have been my best scores. People on here used to say that TD penny arcade rejected silver coins. I have seen bags of halves at td bank that were loaded with silver while the teller was changing the bags.

OP
OP
Oquario79

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bags have been my best scores. People on here used to say that TD penny arcade rejected silver coins. I have seen bags of halves at td bank that were loaded with silver while the teller was changing the bags.

I wonder if TD will let u buy the bags now that they don't have penny..

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if TD will let u buy the bags now that they don't have penny..

I'm going to think not. Only because it would take one person to get a bag that's short, then complain about being shorted, and then it's back to square one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread