AT coil cover...

billyjoe42

May 10, 2007
Placer Co, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, White's M6, Gray Ghost Amphibians, Sun Ray Gold, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pulled coil cover from AT, finding a lot of black sand - enough to skew the GB. Note the cover fits loosely around the center 'web' of the cover. I'm wondering if applying non-metallic duct tape over the loose area would solve the problem?
It might wear thru fast, but new tape easily applied. Any thoughts?

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read about dirt getting under the cover too, and I was thinking about putting some silicone all around the top edge of the cover. It would peel off pretty easily if you wanted to remove it but still seal it off. But I'm no expert, I'm just starting out in the sport of swinging the AT Pro.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter which detector you use and seal the gap, black sand will still get under the cover!! You can remove the cover and apply marine epoxy to the whole coil which protects it.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
It doesn't matter which detector you use and seal the gap, black sand will still get under the cover!! You can remove the cover and apply marine epoxy to the whole coil which protects it.

Isn't that the truth! Goes against the laws of physics:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread