1970 Garrett Hunter, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope mine doesn't do this but if it does Garrett will take care of it.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This happened to me the other day at a soccer field.The ground was sketchy. One side of the field was GB in the 40's to 60's and the other side was in the teens to 0. When I manually GB it to 30 or so it would just go bonkers. I didn't attribute it to the machine but the soil. Only place I've had an issue and I've been using the snot out of my ATG. 3 days a week all day ea day for the past month. 85.00 in clad, 3 costume rings, one 14k ring with small diamonds with an opal and a white gold promise ring. The ATG sucks at the beach but otherwise does pretty well esp in grassy parks. I like the iron audio option. Takes awhile to differentiate between a pull tab and a nickle, and foil to a ring... My setup is mode disc 1, iron disc at 30 (The opal ring was hitting at 35 btw), I sweep nice and slow and try to dig everything. I know this can be hard/frustrating at times but why are you out there? To dig. Dont rush, take your time and if you have to spend 3 days at the place.... so what. I learned w/my ATG at the same park where I found my ring the other day. The second time I swept the park I thought I had it all. 3rd time I went slow and got the ring.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone heard of an AT Gold getting goofy?? Mine got where it would go to zero and stay when you tried to ground balance it, made crazy sounds. It can't tell brass & copper from Iron. Just wondered if anyone had expieranced this...
Sent it to Garrett yesterday, hasn't had time to get there yet.

Coils sometimes go bad but dont worry. Garrett Detectors is on their game! They will get ya fixed up!

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It doesnt mean the coil is bad. You just worked an area of soil was probably had alot of salt. happens me occasionally. My atg is fine

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It doesnt mean the coil is bad. You just worked an area of soil was probably had alot of salt. happens me occasionally. My atg is fine

Is there a lot of salt in Rosita Colorado at 9300 feet?

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
it sounds like a salt or alkaline ground issue Pistol-pete, the ATG is a great unit, but the salt end on it and on most all gold detectors is not good, it has to be this way however or you would miss certain gold targets. I'd love to know what you find out about it. Happy Holidays!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread