garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes for sure and it will find anything the pro will also. Great machine. I have both and the gold is my go to now.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have both the AT Pro and AT Gold and love both machines for relic hunting. Yes, the AT Gold operates at a high frequency and has a threshold and all metal mode. If you visit the Garrett web site they explain the difference of the two machines.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which one you using most professor? I love the pro but man the gold has impressed me since I got it in November. It has found me my oldest coins two days in a row. Not hunting much now due to ice and snow plus temps but itching to get back in the plowed fields.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello "Kodiak43351",

I reach for the AT Gold when relic hunting about 80% of the time over the AT Pro. I like the threshold, all metal mode and the 5"x8" coil. I think this detector when operated as described with iron audio on, really gives me the information needed to find the relics.

Regards,

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If hunting relics i use the gold....if hunting parks or post 1940 homesites i use the pro...i just feel the pro is smoother in heavy aluminum trash.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm usually only in old sites so that's why I have the gold with me most of the time

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would the AT GOLD be any better at finding gold jewelry than the AT PRO? I know the AT GOLD would be better for prospecting and the AT PRO is better for salt water.

Not WAY better but the Garrett AT GOLD does hit lower conductors and gold better than the pro. Specially in the all metal mode the pro does not have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread