Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Things get REALLY SERIOUS in Siskiyou County ....

August 13th, 10am at the Siskiyou County Courthouse the Board of Supervisors will discuss a resolution to Withdraw from the State of California.

Resolution follows:

WHEREAS, there are times in our history, when it is apparent that the political separation of one people from another becomes necessary, both for the survival of the one, as well as..., the continued well-being of the other.

WHEREAS, the Siskiyou Board of Supervisors recognizes the lack of representation for rural and frontier counties in the California Legislature and the Board is aware of an increasing tendency by the State of California to exercise legislative and fiscal malfeasance in the form of illegal fire tax, property rights violations, assaults upon Second Amendment rights, as well as, disregard for other unalienable Rights of the Citizens of Siskiyou.

WHEREAS, Agencies of the Executive Branch of the State of California are engaged in an attempt to remove four, fully functional, well maintained, hydroelectric dams on the Klamath River over the objections of the Board of Supervisors and those of a vast majority of the Citizens of Siskiyou County.

WHEREAS, State and Federal Agencies through the process commonly known as, “Sue and Settle,” have denied the County of Siskiyou, its businesses, and citizens, access to our most abundant natural resources, causing untold harm to our economy, as well as to our health and public safety.

WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors for the County of Siskiyou, have come to the realization that the State of California is ungovernable in its present form.

IT SHALL THEREFORE BE RESOLVED, that the Board of Supervisors for Siskiyou County, would endeavor to make a “New Start.” This Board desires, with the involvement of our citizens, and hopefully, with the involvement of other Counties within rural California, to withdraw Siskiyou County from the State of California. This Board would “Start over,” by helping to form a “New State,” which represents the needs, provides opportunity, protects the rights, liberties, public health, and safety of the people of the new State of Jefferson.

The above Resolution was, on motion, made and seconded on this day, the _____ day of _____, 2013

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Long live Jefferson!

kevin hoffman

Sep 7, 2012
cambridge md
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I maybe speaking out of my a## , but having been a commercial fisherman dams have decimated salmon stocks.The sewer treatment plants that have continual spills, and the watrfront devolpment that rapes the marshes, mines that dont practice water quality controls, have made a precious natrual resource in danger of collapse. The DEAD zones are becoming larger, in these zones nothing lives, me and my fellow watermen have gotten some strange skin eating lesions from these zones ,it takes months to get it off your hands. I dont pretend to know the answer but we really need to think ahead, as for the existing dams ,if we remove them there is no gaurentee the salmon will return ,and the electric will probally be made up with a coal plant that kills the oysters . I know this may be the wrong place to rant about watermens trouble , but we are all in the same boat here,and need to work together to survive.

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't they been talking about this, for a long time? Isn't there a barn in yreka with state of Jefferson painted on if?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KH - I too am speaking without sufficient knowledge, but it appears the watermen have justifiable complaints. However the problems seem fixable without having to remove the dams, plunging a far wider segment of population into poverty. The sewer spills can be fixed, the raping of marshes can be fixed with
tighter regulations, there are strict penalties for mine waste violations. It seems a lack of enforcement is the problem. You say "strange lesions" - there
are 600 environmental scientists sitting in offices at CDFW who should have identified the cause of lesions and the dead zones by now, not to mention the
highly paid scientists at toxic control, water boards, and CEPA. As for the dams blocking spawning, the expensive but doable fish ladders/bypasses have been given no
attention as an alternative plan. I can't help but think its another case of cherry-picking science to further an agenda to what end? - not sure.

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't they been talking about this, for a long time? Isn't there a barn in yreka with state of Jefferson painted on if?

FYI taternut - you now reside within the boundaries of the Jefferson Mining district, as of may this year - why not the state of Jefferson?

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
FYI taternut - you now reside within the boundaries of the Jefferson Mining district, as of may this year - why not the state of Jefferson?

I'm not in trinity county but it's not far of a drive, are they going to allow dredging again if this actually happens?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not in trinity county but it's not far of a drive, are they going to allow dredging again if this actually happens?

If you live north of Stockton, you're in. I'm talking about two separate things here - sorry, but they are related when it comes
to mining.

Last edited:

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011

Yep
State-of-Jefferson-barn.jpg

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A state ran by armed miners, must send shivers down the water hungry political fat cats of so. Cal spines.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Many states need to do this, mine included. The Flemish region in Belgium want to succeed not only from the french speaking portion of the country but from the EU as well.
For many of the same reasons I might add.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW -thanks Oakview, that is way more than just a spark!

This is a utube of more history on State of Jefferson turns out the movement has been around for a long time. They almost seceded in 1941: Skip to 5:00 on video.

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent an email to Marsha Armstrong (Board of Supervisors) in support, and received a very nice thank you in return this morning. This was very easy to
show solidarity with the ranchers, property owners, farmers, etc. who, like us, are getting shafted by gov't agencies and greenies. Waddya say - anyone
else want to email?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread