AT Max came today... practice in my Yard.

70vdub

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2018
Shelby NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so Fedex delivered my AT Max today, I put it together and went outside for about an hour.
coin mode, trying to listen to the sounds and see if I could tell what it may be...
I have a lot of learning... :laughing7:

so I cleaned up what I found
at least a quarter, which I probably dropped yesterday digging my keys outta my pocket.
cars were about 3 inches deep.
blue Sterling Marlin racing champions #22 from 1989 and other china made cars
top looks like a part from a kids fishing reel, pepsi cap with richard petty, yoohoo cap

2018Jan31-02.jpg

Had fun, even in the cold.

Upvote 13

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. I tried my Max out of the first time over the weekend and just found trash, but least I know it works. House is only 8 years old so no chance to have stuff lost out there. But I can say the Max can find deep targets. There was one target that after digging 13" I gave up on since I didn't want to did that deep in my yard LOL. I also found a piece of 1"x1" metal about 8-10" deep. So far the target depth was pretty accurate as well. The 8-10" target was right on, the 13" one I gave up on pegged out at 12" and another said 6" and I found it about 4-6".

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try it in pro or custom mode and set your iron disk between 30 & 35. Don't forget to ground balance. If you do this in custom mode it will save all the settings you make. Good Luck. Love the cars by the way. They are some of my favorite finds.

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pro mode??i have 4 modes, All-metal, Custom, Coins, and Zero. Is Pro mode the same as custom on other detectors?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations May you find many more

TWray

Sep 5, 2016
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Practice makes perfect. Learn those tones in Pro mode. Unless you like to dig. I still got a lot to learn with my AT Pro. But Standard is standard. It’s like the difference between “mono” and “stereo”. Congrats Dub.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pro mode??i have 4 modes, All-metal, Custom, Coins, and Zero. Is Pro mode the same as custom on other detectors?
No custom will save your settings every time you turn it on

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also welcome. Pm me if you need any help learning tour Max I love mine, It will talk to you. The AT models are pretty easy to learn .All metal mode will go deep but don't use in a trashy area,you will have to check your VDI constantly because the response sound is the same no matter what your coil goes over. . Threshold is another animal it basically makes a signal for you that your detector normally would not read up practice I agree to start use zero mode set up a coin garden in your yard learn the distinctive signals . Also pop tops which most times the VDI will vary 10 or so numbers either way Good luck to you.. Swing slow Tommy

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Zero mode is the mode I call pro mode. Sorry

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md