jss1216

Apr 17, 2014
Shelton,Ct
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
I kicked off the day and found a 1907 indian head penny
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508521321.208258.jpg
needs a good soak

then on my way out of the park i hit a nice sharp high signal and a nice 1907 Barber quarter
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508521382.873169.jpg

so i backed up a few feet and searched general area and bam — a nice signal and VDI in 90’s

a Standing Liberty Half Dollar

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508521454.807769.jpg

I get asked if the Max is worth the money—
my opinion — I like the Pro better because of the sounds—
is the Max better?
I will say it is much more sensitive and eats through AA batteries more quickly—

Everything I have found with the Max I would have found with the Pro—
I have yet to find a deep find to justify the Max cost— maybe i have not walked over that find yet...
I don’t know— I know I love the wireless but right now I will not say the AT Max is better.

Upvote 17

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I kicked off the day and found a 1907 indian head penny
View attachment 1507040
needs a good soak

then on my way out of the park i hit a nice sharp high signal and a nice 1907 Barber quarter
View attachment 1507045

so i backed up a few feet and searched general area and bam — a nice signal and VDI in 90’s

a Standing Liberty Half Dollar

View attachment 1507046

I get asked if the Max is worth the money—
my opinion — I like the Pro better because of the sounds—
is the Max better?
I will say it is much more sensitive and eats through AA batteries more quickly—

Everything I have found with the Max I would have found with the Pro—
I have yet to find a deep find to justify the Max cost— maybe i have not walked over that find yet...
I don’t know— I know I love the wireless but right now I will not say the AT Max is better.

Now you see I like the tones of my Max better than my Pro. Since I got it I’ve been getting much more nickels (V, Buffs) and already found 2 gold rings in 2 weeks. The tones on the wheat and the Indians are choppy 76-78 and I will say it Max chews up my batteries and I haven’t hit anything real deep so far so we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Nice day of digging!!

Thanks for the honest feedback on the ATM.

HH,
Brian

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three nice keepers there. When I first started hunting I was a "loyal" Whites owner. My curiosity finally got the better of me and I ventured into other brands of detectors. While I know my old Whites DFX & M6 are great machines and will find great stuff I am glad I have experienced other brands and models of machines outside my original purchase. So many brands and fine machines to choose from. I guess we can't own them ALL but, wouldn't it be nice to sample them before we make the purchase? That would be cool.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread