AT Max Screw Type/Size

dryflycaster

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2007
Adirondacks Mtns, New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT-E, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Fisher CZ-5
Hello Everyone.

I purchased a used Garrett At Max it arrived without the screws needed for assembly.

I managed to attach the cuff and support using a 6-32 x 1" Long machine screw. 1.25"L screws would be better and I need to go to the hardware store tomorrow to pick a few up.

A 6-32 screw will not thread into the control box which brings me to my question.
What size and type of screw is required to attach the Control Box to the shaft ? If worse comes to worse I suppose I probably could use Self Tapping Screws but I would rather not do that unless absolutely necessary.

The hole in the Control Box appears to be about the size of a #6 screw.

_bill

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your speaker has its screws in it get 2 3/4 inch copper wall pipe clamps then you can attach your control box with those. Give me a little bit and I'll find my post showing how I did mine.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_4961.JPG

EKG

Mar 19, 2017
From Germany but in South America at the moment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe that helps. I had the same problem. Also, I changed that battery box; the original one is now sealed forever, and I hooked up an extension made from the old Minelab Excalibur battery casing.

Attachments

• IMG_20230416_134503.jpg
    IMG_20230416_134503.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230416_134545.jpg
    IMG_20230416_134545.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230416_134550.jpg
    IMG_20230416_134550.jpg
    643.2 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
dryflycaster

dryflycaster

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Maybe that helps. I had the same problem. Also, I changed that battery box; the original one is now sealed forever, and I hooked up an extension made from the old Minelab Excalibur battery casing.
Is that picture of the self-tapping screw, the screw that should be used?

OP
OP
dryflycaster

dryflycaster

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2007
Detector(s) used

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, that's a good idea to give it a little more rigidity., but I woiuld still like to secure it with the proper screws too.

I probably have a couple like that in the junk drawer ! I'll sort through my hord before going to the hardware store.

Thanks a lot !

_bill
Yeah I did that after having 2 control boxes snap at the original mounting screw spots. On the 3rd control box I put these on . Normal wear probably wouldn't break the box off but swinging it in the water puts extra pressure on those two original mounts, the water pipe clamps make it rock solid.

Reactions: EKG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread