AT pro and wireless headsets help needed

edlynne

Nov 9, 2013
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP, Ace 250, XP deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could use a little help with my new At Pro and my wireless headsets. I own an Ace 250 and used my TDK headsets with them for the last two years with no problems. I bought the TDK's because there is no time lag and they are on the money. I just purchased an AT pro and had to buy the special adapter to go from the AT Pro connection to 1/4" connector. My transmitter for the TDK's uses a 1/8 plug. So in the end my TDK 1/8" goes to an 1/8" to 1/4" adapter which uses the garrett connector to connect to At Pro. Now the problem. With the new AT pro I can hear perfectly through my wireless headsets BUT the sound coming from the speaker of the pro still rings.. So it still makes noise even though I have the headsets on. With the Ace 250 the machine was quiet with the wireless headsets plugged in. When I connect my AT pro headsets to AT pro the machine is quiet. When I attach TDK's the machines external speaker still makes noise. I hope this was not too confusing but I could use some advice. thanks.

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The impedance of the setup is wrong. You will need to add a resistor in order to match the impedance close enough to the stock headphones impedance to shut the internal speaker off when it's plugged in.

OP
OP
edlynne

edlynne

Nov 9, 2013
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP, Ace 250, XP deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob, I am no audio expert by far. I just happen to have a AUVIO Volume Control Cable for Stereo Headphones 1/8" which I connected between the wireless transmitter and the 1/8" to 1/4" connector in the back of my AT pro. It actually worked, Maybe this volume control had that resistor inside. I can now listen to the headsets without the external speaker. Maybe this will help others with the same problem. It gives me a little more wire to mount behind the unit but with a few extra cable ties I have tucked it in neatly. thanks and looking forward to your comments.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is exactly what you accomplished by adding the volume control! You put a potentiometer inline which is a variable resistor. We'll done and can be useful since the AT does not have an internal volume control. Nice job and good luck with your new wireless set up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread