AT Pro coil adapter?

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Looking at getting an new land detector. I have had an Ace 250 for ten years, have all the coils for it except the 4.5". I was looking at the AT Pro since I would be able to get down to one detector instead of carrying two, especially since I gave up my car and now bicycle or walk everywhere when my husband isn't home with his truck. BUT it looks like I would have to buy all new coils as the plug is different, and I'm not sure if it would be worth it, especially since I would also have to buy waterproof headphones to use it under water. I could buy a 350 and sell the extra DD coil, and buy a new Tesoro for the water and still spend less... unless they make a coil adapter for land use? I know they make one for the headphones. Even an off-brand adapter would work

TIA

CaptjimUP

Oct 17, 2015
Chassell, MI
Detector(s) used
Garret Grand Master Hunter CXIII
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coils are different between machines. No adapter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Stock 8.5x11 and the 5x8 are all you will ever need.....mainly the 5x8.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You only need waterproof headphones if you are getting the ear muffs wet, the standard AT Pro headphones are waterproof up to the ear muffs. Unfortunately, the coils are not interchangeable.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
jadeblackhawk

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Thanks guys. I'll stick to an underwater detector for the lakes, I have a Fisher 1288x right now, it's just too heavy outside the water to really use everywhere. I'll purchase a new lighter land one for the parks I guess. I have a bit before the weather gets nice enough to bike to where I want to go. I definitely need a sniper coil, most places I go are either really trashy, which is where I find the "good" stuff, or almost empty from everyone detecting now. I never used to see people when I started ten years ago, you can't throw a stone anymore without hitting a detector, it seems :laughing7:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be amazed at how trashy of an area the AT pro with a 5x8 can handle....

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the AT Pro with the 5x8 coil and have never put the stock coil on. You may consider the T2 but sounds like you want the AT Pro. The AT Pro is a very easy basic machine that works really well in several types of hunts. I also swing a upgraded F75 and find they both compliment each other.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread