Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out with a couple buddies this weekend. Weather has been amazing since cold has left.

We hit up a few parks with not to much to show. We ended up at an Abandoned home where it looked like someone starting digging into the side of the hill

When I walked over there, I noticed it was a dumpsite for the homes there. Sitting on top was this 1934 Texas License plate in decent shape!!

I ended up finding a few cool bottles out of the trash pile, most of them were broken up.

Walking back to the car I hit a good singal in the yard, and ended up with a 64 rosie...would have been nice to be a little older but I'll take any Silver.

Then I hit up this one area that i have great luck in, its very trashy, but most the trash is 30s-60s era.

I got a weird Signal ( Mid 60's On the ATP) that was about 6"s down, Out popped out a BEAUTIFUL 1920 Bufflao Nickel!!!...I know it aint much, but the last 10 Buffs I have dug, I only was able to get the date off 2 of them.

Attachments

• TexasTag.jpg
    TexasTag.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 108
  • Rosie.jpg
    Rosie.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Buffalo Front.jpg
    Buffalo Front.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 122
  • Buffalo Back.jpg
    Buffalo Back.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 6

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Some great finds my friend! Let's hit it hard this weekend

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Diggin-N-Dumps!! CONGRATS on some Really Neat Finds!! Just Think, back in '34 that Nickel was Really Worth Something!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love them old plates !

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im pretty sure there is a lot of paint under that rust - dip that thing in some oxalic acid and see....looks like a pretty dry area...see any old beer cans(?).....they clean up too....

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im pretty sure there is a lot of paint under that rust - dip that thing in some oxalic acid and see....looks like a pretty dry area...see any old beer cans(?).....they clean up too....

No old beer cans, There were mainly Medicine bottles and large size jars. Some of the jars had a good 1/2" thick bottom to them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread