Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally made it out since the Ice Storms hit our Area.

Meet up with a good buddy to hit some parks and take advantage of the weather.

After a couple hours I managed to score a 1962 Silver Dime...Nothing too great , but better than nothing.

A good hour after that , i noticed a guy that seemed a little shady digging thru the dumpster a little ways from me.

Then I start hearing him yelling something, So I pretty much hauled ass to my buddy that was just about 500 feet away.

I wasnt really even swinging, just moving to get away from this guy, I ended up getting a solid 90-91.

Normally I wouldnt have dug at this park. because the whole time i was there, i was getting Quarter/Half dollar hits from the large mouth alum. screw tops.

But this one seemed a little deeper than the tops were..I dug down about 2 inches, saw what appeared to be a smashed screw top lid, than once i felt the weight. I flipped it on its side and saw that beautiful reeded edge.

1942 Walker!!

I was in complete shock, i wasnt expecting to find this AT ALL.

I ran over to show my buddy and he was shocked too. mainly becaue the lack of coin at this place.

The first 3 coins I dug, 2 of them were silver, So needless to say. I had a great day.

thanks for reading.

And Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• Walker Dirty.jpg
    Walker Dirty.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Walker and Dime.jpg
    Walker and Dime.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Upvote 16

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Congratulations. This must be the year for these. I have found 3 in the last 6 months and a total of 5 for the year. Nothing like seeing big silver pop out. Keep diggin them up.HH

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
I'm still jealous lol! At least some silver was found lol. I'll have to step my game up this weekend

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recovery. I'm not the smartest person so I prob would of went over to the guy and asked him what he was yelling at.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! The weather the last couple of weeks has had me shut down here in Okla also. Hope to get out before the next front comes through this week.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, congrats!

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recovery. I'm not the smartest person so I prob would of went over to the guy and asked him what he was yelling at.

I would have, except he was a fairly large black guy with his pants around his ankles....I really didnt even want to know what the hell he was doing

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent! love those walking libs

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find ! Got skunked this weekend. No bling. No silver.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have, except he was a fairly large black guy with his pants around his ankles....I really didnt even want to know what the hell he was doing
lol ok I would of drawn the line there and walked away too. You know how to win a fight? Just take all your clothes off because no one wants to fight a naked guy lol;)

carcusrex

Jan 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Then what you do is move away from your buddy and look at the guy, wait for him to start yelling and haul butt over to your friend again. Dig the good signal and rinse and repeat. LOL, if only.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your Walker and the Rosie !!! Sounds like a place that I hunt sometimes. Probably won't find much of nothing but if you do it's usually old !!

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your Walker and the Rosie !!! Sounds like a place that I hunt sometimes. Probably won't find much of nothing but if you do it's usually old !!

Thanks everyone!

And yea...I actuall prefer those places...Sometimes you get nothing...and sometimes it pays...But at least all the clad is gone to get to the real stuff.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Congrats! HH! Glad you can get out and hunt!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe he was looking for a belt? :dontknow::tongue3:
Congrats on the sweet silver. That Walker is a great find.
-MM-

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe he was looking for a belt? :dontknow::tongue3:
Congrats on the sweet silver. That Walker is a great find.
-MM-

hahahaha....The Sad part he was wearing one.....just 2 feet below his waist...lol....I dont know if im just getting old, or people are just getting sloppier....But I sure the hell dont get that style one bit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread