flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am finding sliver rings and sliver coin but have only found one gold ring and was digging a sliver quarter when I found it. I have tested the AT Pro on gold rings and get a jumping signal from 33 to 45 it's real crackie type of signal, any help would be appreciated :icon_scratch:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my At Pro, gold is a consistent number and tone. Are you in Standard or Pro mode? Sometimes the number will vary 1-2 numbers, but not a big jump like you are seeing. Be sure the unit is ground balanced.

OP
OP
flakefinder

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my At Pro, gold is a consistent number and tone. Are you in Standard or Pro mode? Sometimes the number will vary 1-2 numbers, but not a big jump like you are seeing. Be sure the unit is ground balanced.
In the Pro Mode and I ground balance a lot during a hunt, I just got a new AT pro I am going to compare and if there is something wrong with the old one I will send it in to get fixed , Thanks for the info , Good hunting.

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one, my first gold ring with the AT Pro read in the 70 range with a constant signal in pro audio. P4150076.JPG

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring is a 10k and it should not matter. Rings can often be tricky to find as the detector will not tell you "hey its a ring". I dig a lot of trash with my AT Pro right now as I am still learning it. I have several Tesoso machines so I have a couple of pretty good headphones (Grey Ghost and Killer B's) so I put the Garrett headphone adapter on my AT Pro so I could use headphones other than the Garrett ones that come with the AT Pro. I have problems hearing out of one ear so the other headphones to me sound much cleaner and the slight crackle of a junk target as well as the tones on the AT Pro are easier for me to hear. I sometimes get lazy and rely on the TID screen when I should actually listen for a consistent smooth sound as any TID machine can be fooled.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread