AT Pro headphone help

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, can someone give me a tutorial on how to retrofit my pro so I can use ear buds? My doc has given me strict orders not to go out into the sun without wearing a wide brimmed hat and my stock headphones just won't cut it......any help is appreciated...of course we would need for the sun to finally show up here in the great Northeast :)

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
You can buy the head phone adapter cord from Garrett or I've seen them on ebay also that allows you to use your own choice of head phones or ear buds.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cut the stock headphone cable and solder on male and female 1/8" jacks. Then you can use any earbuds without a 1/4 to 1-8" adaptor. You can also use your stock headphones if you want. Then you will be set up to use rapoo wireless headphones if you decide to in the future.

OP
OP
Fast Ed

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Ed Huffman from Treasure Mt. hooked me up with the adapter. Now its off to Radio Shack for the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the ear buds don't work right you could try to cut slots on each side of your wide band hat so the headphones fit through.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread