All Treasure Hunting

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They sell an adapter that connects to the headphone port and runs to the bottom of the arm cup. It has a standard 1/4" jack allowing you to use any headphones with that size jack.

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wonderful. I have the Pro Star headphones that I use on the MXT pro and I love them. where can I get the adapter? Do I have to get it from Garrett.

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the dealer on this forum should carry it. May I suggest Bart at Big Boy Hobbies. He is a very good guy and will treat you right.

artman60

Greenie
Dec 13, 2013
Pepperell, Ma.
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Whites Surfmaster PI Dual Field, Garretts Propointer, Garretts AT Pro, Fisher 1280x, and a Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought one of the adapters, they work great (I was thinking about trying to go wireless, haven't completely worked that out yet LOL). The connection won't be waterproof, but I'm sure some electrical tape would make it pretty rainproof, if that's all that's required. Good luck, Artie

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TDK WR700 wireless headphones are a great addition to the AT Pro. I use the Auvio 33-283 but they are discontinued now and hard to find. The TDK's are just as good. Sure beats getting the headphones ripped off your head every time you kneel down to dig a target and catch the cord on the conventional headphones.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just be sure whatever headphones you get have volume control built in. Seems obvious enough, but sometimes we all need reminders.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett $89.00 waterproof headphones do not have a volume control and it is very annoying /// Perry

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hated the Stock headphones....i stretched the cord out so bad, it became almost 20 foot long..lol

There are alot of differ opinions on this...But I don't wear Headphones at all, I have had people tell me " Your missing stuff 3" deeper" But when Im down digging a coin from 10" inches, with no audible problem. I really dont see how i could be missing stuff.

The only time i really felt it was a benifit to have them, is if i were hunting a median near a busy road or something.

Plus the neighborhoods i detect, i really need to keep an ear on my environment more than the dectector.

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TDK WR700 wireless headphones are a great addition to the AT Pro. I use the Auvio 33-283 but they are discontinued now and hard to find. The TDK's are just as good. Sure beats getting the headphones ripped off your head every time you kneel down to dig a target and catch the cord on the conventional headphones.

Do you have any issue with the wireless signal affecting your detector? Was thinking some wireless headphones would be great for my AT PRO but this concerned me. Also how do you adapt those?

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Gray Ghost and they work great on the machine. I got mine from Wayne at Metal Detecting Stuff.

billyjoe42

May 10, 2007
Placer Co, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, White's M6, Gray Ghost Amphibians, Sun Ray Gold, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The headphone adapter is waterproof up to the 1/4 jack, They run about $34. Any Garrett dealer carries them. Here is our link to them.

Wayne

Metal Detecting Stuff: Garrett AT series 1/4" Headphone Adapter

Just installed the 1/4" adapter on my AT Gold, so can run premium headphones. Instruction sheet says "Not for immersion".
What are options for running 1/4" waterproof phones? Am I stuck with having to use the Garrett 2-pin waterproof headphones?
I'm the clumsy guy that thrashes around in water, so need complete waterproof. Thanks for help :).

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just installed the 1/4" adapter on my AT Gold, so can run premium headphones. Instruction sheet says "Not for immersion". What are options for running 1/4" waterproof phones? Am I stuck with having to use the Garrett 2-pin waterproof headphones? I'm the clumsy guy that thrashes around in water, so need complete waterproof. Thanks for help :).
You can use the blue Garret waterproof, or the Gray Ghost Amphibians. These both have waterproof Garrett connectors and can be completely submerged. You can use any others with the headphone adapter, but the area from the 1/4 jack and up needs to be out of the water.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Problems at all and have used them on several different detectors. The headphones normally operate on 2.4 GHz

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No Problems at all and have used them on several different detectors. The headphones normally operate on 2.4 GHz

Well that's on my next to buy list then. The cord drives me crazy. Thanks for the info.

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never really used the head phones as I mostly hunt alone. I would think they would help when detecting with others detectors close by or if you didn't want to be heard. Otherwise I don't see the need for them. Does anyone use them for any other situation?

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have read on tnet about the rapoo h3010 wireless headphones...I found them on an international site for 36.00.I recieved them and i have to say they work well.I dont use headphones much but when i do i get irritated with the cord also....These head phones r not bluetooth but they r radio frequency...I threw some coins on the ground and i couldnt notice any lag time at all.The arent for the water but they r very lite on the ears

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The rapoo's work great with the AT Pro.

image-1675647657.jpg

image-3619156461.jpg

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got my Adapter from Bart at Big Boys, but have not tried it yet. I am not worried about waterproof. I use the Excalibur in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread