AT Pro Hits 7 Silver Pocket Spill

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Received permission to hunt an older church that was up for sale. Day one, just plenty of clad. Day two, tried a different area and the ATP hit a solid 86-87, 4 inches down. Pulled out a 41 Washington Quarter. Rescanned the hole and another 86-87 came up. This time a 34 Washington. After it was all done, pulled out seven silver Washington quarters, all at 4 inches. Decided to save some good ground for my hunting partner, Tom Bigbee, who unfortunately, was working. Needless to say, we both will be hitting it hard in the near future.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 26
OP
OP
Silver Worm

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful site. :thumbsup:
Congrats on all that sweet silver.
-MM-

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still have not used mine! Cant bring myself to take the 5x8 DD off!! Stock DD still hanging on the wall!!
Thanks all, the sniper coil works great along narrow sidewalk strips, along buildings and around tot lots.

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds, someone must have had a hole in their collection basket!! GLHH!

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could have been there for that one! I know that was a rush. We met up through TreasureNet over 1 year ago and clicked right away. I told him a couple months ago I had a feeling we were going to have a good winter. Good job not giving up as far as permission. Thanks for leaving a few for me. That's crazy someone losing 7 quarters at one time!

Could have been a kid. My grandmother told me once that her sister burried a bunch of dimes thinking that she could grow trees from them. The neat things is that my grandmother still lives at the house and is almost 80 years old. So I am guessing these coins were burried 75ish years ago and never has had a detector look for them. I think I need to go find these dime tree seeds that never sprouted many moons ago. Good luck when you go hunt there with him.

Blueblood

Oct 10, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the kind of pocket spill you like to find for sure! Nice silver!

OP
OP
Silver Worm

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks folks! The sniper coil works great, especially on narrow sidewalk strips and around playground equipment. I just have a hard time swapping out coils because of the garrett waterproof connectors.

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We both went back and pounded the site but no more silver was to be had. Not even a wheatie. I told Silver Worm that I think someone got sloppy drunk and lost those in 1964. It's not often you see someone pull 7 silver out of one hole. The best I've ever done is 3 and they were silver Washington's too.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!! That has to be some sort of record spill.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap! What a great silver spill, super exciting to dig. I've had some large silver spills but never SEVEN in the same hole!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread