AT Pro incoming... unless

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it looks like tonight I will be picking up an lightly used 2013 AT-Pro with standard coil (8.5x11 DD?), standard ATP headphones, and Garret Pro Pointer.
Unless someone can quickly convice me to buy Whites Surf PI (2002, not Pro or DF) intead. I shoot beaches through Labor Day, afterward I'll be in the dirt. I already have a Ace 250. Comments? Input? Thanks

Last edited:

deldave

Jul 9, 2013
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be interested in a used ace 250 as a backup. The AT Pro will come as a retirement present to myself pretty soon!

OP
OP
Auriemma

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figures... Mention it before it happens and things turn to vapor.

If things change, I'll let you know.

OP
OP
Auriemma

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... things changed.

I just picked up: AT Pro, MineLabs Pro-Finder 25, & Lesche 85E.
All I can say is WOW what a difference between the 250 and AT Pro. The PRO mode, tone roll, the whole feel of it. Even the MLPF25 is a great tool. I can't wait to hit the beach next weekend.

PM sent DelDave.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Auriemma

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Petey... I beg to differ. It works in the wet saltwater... and better than expected in the wet soaked sand and underwater. Went and played ankle deep last week. Iron disc at 35, sens 6-7, GB 10-13. So quiet i thought is stopped working, until it hit the bobby pins. Both at 3-4" deep. 2 separate hits. I was very surprised. The rest of the time, I was in the dry sand. Is there such a title as "Bottle Cap King"? I think I'm in the running. Sadly I know what the sound like now... and I still dig them up.

And now my ATP has a older bro! A Minelab Sovereign XS. Looking forward to trying both next weekend.

gulfcoaster

May 11, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, White's Bullseye TRX, Stealth Classic 8" Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I agree...they work okay in the salt water if you lower the ground balance, and maybe also lower the sensitivity (depending on the beach). But then, most people should be good to go. Sure, it might not hit as deep as a PI/Excal/CZ, but it's definitely nice to have the option to get in the ocean with a machine at that price.

petey1231

Jan 1, 2013
I will re state my case :) in the uk wet sand it doesn't work trust me I know the machine inside out - our salt sand sends it mental - neg or pjs ground balance freq change or no other trick will let it work in our seas that's why I got a credit card and bought a ctx 3030 as tried so many thing but in uk wet sand it's rubbish

OP
OP
Auriemma

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Petey... You do realize a plane ticket to the east coast USA would have been cheaper... But less fun. A CTX3030 is a whole different animal. I've seen what those are capable of. Nice.

I now have an alternate to my ATP, a Sov XS is now in my stable. Both will get a work out next week, in the dry, damp and wet. HH!

petey1231

Jan 1, 2013
I know my friend I got married in Arkansas - but that wasn't cheaper as it ended in divorce :)
I love America and toured the east coast in 98 sleeping under bushes at Niagara Falls - swimming in lake lure skateboarding in south beach Miami you guys sure lucky England sucks big time
I loved the at pro it just hated our beaches but was amazing in rivers

OP
OP
Auriemma

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same to you mate. Your advice is appreciated. Stay safe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread