AT Pro & NEL Attack Coil

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to try out the 15" attack coil for the first time over the weekend. It does go deep with solid signals the depth of the lesche digger!
There were many weaker tones but I did not want to dig 12" holes in the park I was in.

How do pull tabs get to be 8" deep? amazing.

VDI were pretty accurate and it does an excellent job of pinpointing, especially with that large of a coil. Battery life seemed about the same as
the stock or 6x8 coil. It will cover about 6 to 8 times the area as the 6x8 coil

It is HEAVY. Only the young and strong should attempt this without one of the harnesses. You will get reminded of every joint you
have arthritis or carpel tunnel in. 26 ounces on the end of a 4 foot stick is heavy.

This is a great coil for beaches, fields, or areas without a lot of things sticking out of the ground. I later tried it in the woods and it is too
big for that purpose as every little tree sprout got in the way of my swing.

I used it in areas of the park that have a lot of trash with out an issue other than picking which signals to dig. Target separation was excellent.

I will alternate this with the 6x8 coil depending on how my arm feels. As far as detecting metal goes this is better than the stock or 6x8.
It is just the weight!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the at pro is not built right in the first place
Garret
needs to go back to the drawing board on that design
to much wait forward in the first place....

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's a secret. There are two basic types of coil design, concentric and DD. The big difference is the concentric pinpoints better. Size makes little difference on a VLF detector. The exception is the 2 Box design which gets its extreme depth because of the coil separation space. Now the PI detectors do get more depth from larger coils.
I use the 9.5" coil that came with my XLT and have no trouble pulling in the deep targets. I think a larger coil, in most cases is an ego trip, nothing more.
Some people are born to seek 'bigger and better'. Hay just my opinion based on detecting since the 70's and 30+ years of electronics. Frank...

PS: Hay, if you just spent a bundle on a new toy, wouldn't you say it was better? lol

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 035-1.jpg

OP
OP
T

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is cheaper than a new driver! New toys are always fun. However those videos comparing the stock coil and the 15" Attack begs to differ about little difference in depth unless 4" deeper is "little difference". Sure both pick up the 2" to 6" signals but there are differences in the coils. btw the 15" is a DD.

After going out today at a old house site I would have to agree with the videos. I was digging targets with the tip of
the lesche handle below the surface of the ground.

It may well get relegated to that spot with the old drivers in it but it will only be because of the weight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread