AT Pro on order

littleboss

Apr 7, 2019
north Texas and southern CO
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I just ordered an AT Pro from Big Boys Hobbies. I have a 160 acre farm here in Texas to search on as well as 35 acres in Colorado so I should have plenty to keep me busy. Not sure what i will find here but the old farm house was built 120 years ago. There was also an old log cabin up on the hill so I will go there. Indians lived here along the creek back in the day. Not sure if they had any metals but will take a look. A neighbor found a bag of arrowhead so there might be something for me to find.

A quick question. If I want to use this detector to find some buried conduits (pvc with #4 to 6 wire ) how do I set it up for maximum depth?

I am also thinking of shoving a drain snake down a sewer line and seeing if I can detect that. Is this possible? Should I attach something larger to the end of the snake?

If I can't go deep enough with the AT Pro my plan is to take my backhoe and dig a long trench down 2", take a reading, then another 2", take a reading etc until I can find the buried conduit and pipe? This way I should be able to find them without digging into them. (I have done that before. LOL)

Any comments or suggestions?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
While you are waiting for a member(s) to pipe in - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard littleboss! Take a look at Forum: Colorado and Forum: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your states. Oh yea - I am very jealous of all that land you own and can MD without worrying about anyone!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard from Northern Virginia :skullflag: I love my AT Pro but I'm not sure it will pick up #4/6 wire at two feet. To maximize your depth put it in Pro Zero, Discrimination I would set at Zero and then move it up if it's to noisy, same with sensitivity to max and drop down if needed. Make sure you get a good ground balance or it will all be for naught.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my ATpro very rugged machine that can take a beating....

The NEL Storm coil will help for the deep stuff...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread