Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had mine in the water yet but we did hunt in the rain for the first time yesterday. It's a great machine, you will like it. The only complaint I had is the dedicated headphones you have to use unless you buy a $30 adapter. The headphones are pretty good though and I actually used them yesterday. Just remember that if you're going water hunting you will need the $30 adapter + waterproof headphones since the stock ones are not waterproof. Unless of course you aren't going into that deep of water. Enjoy

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hopefully you get a good one. mine went back for the 3rd and last time. told them to keep it and send me a new one. they agreed, 2-4 weeks i was told at first. told tues. i might not get it until the 1st week in june. thats poor customer service.

treasure4pleasure

Apr 18, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
FIsher F2, Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
marinedad, what was wrong with it? When did you originally get it?

OP
OP
kayden

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marinedad, what was wrong with it? When did you originally get it?

Relax ...remember why you purchased the AT pro...Its waterproof....hands down its the best for the $

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had no problems with my AT Pro. The only thing I don't like is it is not easy to get the headphones attached because the area is cramped. Going to have to cash in all my clad and get some waterproof headphones before summer. Happy Hunting!

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've expierienced no problems with mine so far!

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my AT Pro last june and in the first month the pin pointer on the unit went out and then month later the stock coil went south...I still have to send mine in to get the chip undated and pressure tested..Garrett folks told me when I do send it in it will be like a new metal detector when I get it back from them..With that being said it still works and I use the sniper coil or the 5x8 coil..My last find with it was a 1876 seated dime found a month ago...It's a great machine for the price and I'll will never get rid of it.

biggn

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2012
SW Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Whites MXT
Tesoro Tejon
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Last edited:

toysoldier2

Mar 14, 2012
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Teknetics Alpha, Treasure Commander TC2X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Problems with the new AT PRO

Funny, I had the same problem with the AT PRO. The area between the connections (wires from coil and headphones) are placed to close to the middle of the control housing. As someone with large hands it took me some frustrating minutes before I got the wires connected.

OP
OP
kayden

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on UPS get that detector here Monday!

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t4p i bought it last june, had problems 1-2 months later, falsing. i kept using it thinking i'm doing something wrong. kept having problems, sent it in for the upgraded cam locks, check-up. seemed it worked 70% of the time the way it should, other times after driving 1-2 hours to a spot it would not find a dime at 4" it would read as junk. back and fourth to garland tx. a few more times. finally agreed on them sending me a new one but oops, they have been backordered 2-4 weeks then told 4-6 weeks. my last conversation with sue at garrett was she'll try to pull one to send around the end of this week. despite all the b.s. a great detector for the money.

OP
OP
kayden

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it came...I had it in back yard for about an hour. The5 things I noticed right away (compared to the ace250)
1 Larger coil...will take time to get used to!
2 Pinpointing...Seems to pinpoint on entire coil
3 Tones...Just when yah get used to the loud deep tones (ace250 comparrison again)
4 Lightning fast recovery ...although 250 was not slow...over a few objects
5 Numbers instead of blocks...This I love!

I cant wait to go over my honey holes again with this detector & oh yah I mentioned before....THE SWIMMING HOLES!

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kayden, when you try to pinpoint with the atpro hold the coil a few inches above the target and while moving the coil in a circular motion, then lower slowly in pinpoint mode and it will be loudest just above the target unless there is more than one. hope this makes sense.

OP
OP
kayden

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kayden, when you try to pinpoint with the atpro hold the coil a few inches above the target and while moving the coil in a circular motion, then lower slowly in pinpoint mode and it will be loudest just above the target unless there is more than one. hope this makes sense.
Thank you very much Ill have to try this as im used to a smaller coil...However I just come back in from another half hour practice (This time with a shovel) & I dug 3 targets all keepers a nickel at 6 inches a quater & a penny....Tommorrows coffee money!....LOL

MongoLloyd

Mar 20, 2012
Mendocino County, CA
Detector(s) used
NEW DETECTOR: Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett AT Pro w/ Black Widow headphones; Garrett Pro-point; Lesche digger; "The Bomb #2" Sheath
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear you are liking the AT Pro. It is my first detector. In the first month alone, still on the learning curve for both the AT Pro and detecting in general, I found $25 worth of clad in parks that have long ago likely been hunted to death. Not too shabby! Found some silver too.

Everyone has their own method. Some use the leading edge, others the trailng edge. I use the cross in the middle of the coil, where the handle attaches (X marks the spot!). I go across the "X" axis (left/right), get the peak signal, then do the same on the "Y" axis (front/back). As I move the coil from front to back and find the peak signal, I watch for the exact point where the signal beings to drop. The target is then immediately beneath the cross area on the coil. This works very well for me.

Hope you find what works for you, and enjoy the new detector. I love mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions