Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi,

I have had the AT PRO now for about 3 weeks. I am using it here on the Treasure Coast Beach and have a question about the PP. When I get a hit on a target I go to locate it with the PP. For the most part it works great and I always seem to find the target. Sometimes when I hit the PP button on a target the PP stays active reading at its highest level even when I move away from the target. I would like to know if anyone has experienced this and what I can do to correct it. Could it be a ground balancing problem? Thanks in advance.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine does that at times. release PP and move away a bit and pp again.

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Hi slider66,

I had my AP Pro PP button stick a couple weeks ago. It was due to fine sand getting down the side of the button over time. I just turned it over and sprayed it with a fine spray of water while pressing the button several times, and it's good to go.
Not sure if this is your problem, but sooner or later detecting the beach, it will happen.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every detector I've ever owned has done it. When it happens, lift the coil off the ground, press the PP and come straight down on your where your target is. This will almost always work. Well in my experience anyway!

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank all of you for your suggestions. I will try them and see how it goes.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATPro is one of the best pinpointing machines i have ever used....i have yet to damage a coin/relic with a shovel using the ATP. I very seldom is the PP button....i just X the target and with a little practice is very accurate and quick.

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mine does the same. Sometimes I can move it away and it will pinpoint fine, and sometimes it won't work at all and I'll leave the target. It won't even show a target sometimes after the pinpointer does not work. I still love the A T pro.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinpointing is a bit tricky on the At pro. I suspect because of the type of coil and shape. Not being standard round coil like manny other detectors. overall its pretty good though just gotta practice.

bigfokkerdog

Jul 22, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Detector(s) used
Traded up from a Garrett ACE 350 to an ATPro with a Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't have one, get a 5x8 DD coil. I find it extremely solid on pinpoint. Much better than the stock 8.5x11

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread