Yuba/Sutter co. Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Ace 350
Whites DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my AT pro with the large DD coil for almost a year, it has worked fine until now. When I wave, or anyone waves their hand in front or on top of my coil I get a low 50 high 40 VDI reading. I have tried this many places and it does it everywhere so I know it is not interference. I called Garret and they thought it was the coil, so the sent me a new one...... same thing! still giving false signal. I can turn down my sensitivity and it will go away but it has to be almost all the way down two to three notches. Any Ideas?

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See if it does it with the Whites.
Maybe your town is Hot.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell them to take their wedding ring off first and try it [emoji4]

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try new battery's just for the heck of it, and check coil plug wire to make sure its screwed in all the way .

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a fan of the ATP for many reasons. Since falsing just started it might be a new cell phone tower or your own phone but that wouldn't explain the hand over the coil effect. If it is quiet while holding still I suspect you've got another dud and need to send it in. Garrett has good service.

Just a thought, clean out coil cover.

Last edited:

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to like my at pro until I've spent $150+ on repairs over four months and they didn't help any... they claimed it was fixed but it wasn't ?:dontknow:

I hope they can fix your detector. GL and HH

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not a fan of the ATP for many reasons. Since falsing just started it might be a new cell phone tower or your own phone but that wouldn't explain the hand over the coil effect. If it is quiet while holding still I suspect you've got another dud and need to send it in. Garrett has good service.

Just a thought, clean out coil cover.
I love my Pro it's been beat and totally used for 3 years now. I had to send it in once for damage and they fixed and referred it for free. Garrett's is the best

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread