At pro public service announcement lol

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you change batteries do a factory reset. I've changed batteries at least three times since July and always reset machine after changing. I found out the other day I was doing it wrong. I always reset with machine on. I found out it was supposed to be off first when you do this. I didn't think it would make a difference doing it either way but I was wrong. My at pro is working great and isn't as noisy as it was before. To me it made a difference even though I can only give one thing that it helped. Anyway make sure it is off before you do the reset.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Post Kodiak! This will help the newbies understand the AT PRO better and I won't have to rag on them.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Just make sure its off before you change the batterys too. If you want to set the factorry reset it must be on, but no batts in it.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just make sure its off before you change the batterys too. If you want to set the factorry reset it must be on, but no batts in it.

How can you do a factory reset with no batteries?

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, you don't. When you replace the batteries, hold the on/off button until you hear the two beeps. Reset is complete. Remember however, any custom settings etc. are gone.

paul of Penna

Feb 1, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must be slow......I always listen for two beeps as a sign that I've just turned off my atp. I didn't know it was resetting anything. I read the manual and realize the last settings I used will be gone (some of them) when I turn it on next time (unless they were set in "custom" mode, but had no idea I was resetting something with the two beeps, just thought I was turning it off.
Paul of Penna

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another little trick is to turn the machine off before you pinpoint...pinpoint the target with the detector off and then turn the machine back on...works great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread