AT Pro Question

Kreegs

Dec 28, 2012
Southern Or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking at the various detectors and seeing what people have said on here. I've settled to spend the extra money and get an AT Pro.

A few of the places I've looked have a combo deal with the AT Pro with 2 coils, the 8.5x11" standard coil and a 5x8" coil for about $700. Everything I've been seeing from people a hand held Pin pointer is almost a necessity. The AT busted my budget so I am stuck... I can swing the detector with 1 coil and the pin pointer or the detector kit with 2 coils and not the pin pointer. In a couple months, I'd be able to swing the either the coil or the pin pointer.

So is it better to get the second coil to start with and then get the pin pointer or go ahead get the pin pointer then opt for extra coils later?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean the Pro Pointer? If you are talking about a small handheld detector for locating coins in the hole or dirt pile then you should get the two coils. With a little practice pin pointing with your machine you will not need the hand held unit.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You can not go wrong with the Garrett Pro Pointer.. My self i would say get the Pro Pointer first then later get the extra coil....Here i go again giving a answer to a old post for some one that only had 1 post and never came back.....I have got to start reading the dates of the post...

Last edited:

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can not go wrong with the Garrett Pro Pointer.. My self i would say get the Pro Pointer first then later get the extra coil....Here i go again giving a answer to a old post for some one that only had 1 post and never came back.....I have got to start reading the dates of the post...

This is definitely the way to go without a doubt!

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you have used the ProPointer, you'll be spoiled! It saves a ton of time. I can't really enjoy hunting without it. Get it first.

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ProPointer is a must, 2nd coil is not.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got mud on my face. I was out detecting an old home site today. Due a move half way across the country I hadn't been out lately. OK, I was mistaken about the pin pointer. Where I used to live I had mastered the "digging" so that I left my pin pointer at home. Never again! I couldn't find the coins in the local soil for nothing. I turned around, went home, got my pin pointer and went back! It was raining so the hunting wasn't the best but I did find 2 wheat cents. You know what that means? There 's silver just waiting to be found! HH

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Will3133

Jan 11, 2013
Twinkletoes said:
Do you mean the Pro Pointer? If you are talking about a small handheld detector for locating coins in the hole or dirt pile then you should get the two coils. With a little practice pin pointing with your machine you will not need the hand held unit.

I agree with twinkletoes

kkbroker

Oct 2, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the AT Pro and have both coils. My 5x8 looks brand new...cause it is. Get the pin pointer and the standard coil. You won't go wrong with that combo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions