AT Pro questions

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
My wife and I have recently been trying our hand at relic hunting. We have been doing fairly good for beginners. We have permission on some land that had a Civil War camp on it. Anyway We are wearing ourselves out digging wire and nails because they are bouncy signals ranging from the 40s to 80s depending on the size of said wire or nail. It seems that some of the bullets do the same thing. We are in pro-zero mode, iron disc at about 36, sensitivity down two from max, nothing notched. Any ide why this is happening. We have limited hunting time and I hate wasting it digging wire. I know it is part of the game but a little relief would be nice. What are we doing wrong? Thanks for any tips.

JimK

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all part of digging relics , gotta dig it all. Relics can be made of anything . If your out for "any" kind of relic drop your discrimination to zero. You will pick up everything

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try 0 iron disc and 1 down or max sense if possible. Dig by sound ....anything that doesnt grunt.....

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello JimK,

We relic hunters usually dig everything! I usually run "wide open" on the AT Gold and Pro and listen to the tones. Digging lots of "junk" always leads to great finds, be patient, learn the tones and dig!

Regards,

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like Digger said 0 discrimination, other wise you change the mid tones.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
all part of digging relics , gotta dig it all. Relics can be made of anything . If your out for "any" kind of relic drop your discrimination to zero. You will pick up everything

Yep!

You will notice coins if you run over any will often hit more solid. Relics can and will hit all over but that is the fun of it! lol

pkirill

Jul 22, 2013
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, MI6 pinpointer, Lesche 40" ground shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like me and my wife a year ago! Ditto to what's been said but I'll add that getting better at pinpointing was key for us. Relic hunting does mean digging more so the faster you can get it out of the ground, the better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread