AT Pro/relic question....

Eagledigs

Feb 17, 2012
Hattiesburg, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have permission to hunt several acres in Vicksburg,Ms. I have hunted it several times and have found minie balls and buck and ball, canister shot and shell fragments. My question is what will a buckle generally read? What about the larger uniform buttons? I have been using the stock DD coil and love it..Some of the stuff I found has been in trashy areas but I am going to go deeper in the woods this weekend.Should I go w/ my 9x12 coil in the clean area? Any suggestions are appreciated..

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe if you are hunting in pro mode all metal, you should dig every good sound. Dug staff button sounded like a penny (about a 78?). Dug an Iron stirrup that ran at about 69,, I guess because it was about 18 inches deep. I imagine a buckle will seem like a beer can :tongue3:.
Go slow, I cannot believe how many little brads I have been able to dig, I don't remember finding those before.

I have been thinking about a smaller coil for mine for trashy areas. But I still get alot of goodies with the standard coil in trashy areas.

The 9X12 is a bigger coil than standard? Hope your ground is soft, That is a lot of digging!

OP
OP
E

Eagledigs

Feb 17, 2012
Hattiesburg, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, Dave..Yeah, the 9x12 is my largest coil..The canister shot I dug was hitting 32-35..So I am digging a lot of trash in that range, but you never know. I am hunting in the Pro mode custom..I am jealous of you Virginia diggers! A lot of great places to hunt in your neck of the woods..Take care..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions