All Treasure Hunting

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would run pro zero iron disc 32 sensitivity all the way up if you can . Ground balance your machine do not just pick a number .

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
agree you need to auto ground balance to see what the soil requires where you are hunting. if you are hunting a field not full of iron i run 0 discrimination, trashy site with lots of nails, i can run the discrimination all the way up to 40. I ususally keep the sensitivity one below max.

I found the machine easier to learn hunting in areas not full of trash with 0 discrimination

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NORMAL ground balance is supposed to be 93.

I run it in that mode basically. And I like it a lot.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
pro zero iron disc 32, set the sensitivity one down from any chatter. Usually one less then max for me and my soil is around 84.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground balance here in Virginia can vary as much as 15 numbers just 10 minutes drive apart and of course will greatly effect performance if not set accurately. As for iron disc it is more of a preference....do you want to hear the nails? I do, since nails usually mean a long gone structure of some type. Also...in hot ground like some red clay here in VA, good targets that are deep may give an iron grunt but read up in the 40's. I have dug several deep relics this way using the pro....you have to go slow and watch numbers and depth meter. The pro has gained a reputation from some as not being deep enough for a true relic hunter, but if really learned it can be very productive. Mine has produced a huge number of civil war relics including 2 plates, one that was a foot deep in hot ground. It read in the nickel range before opening the hole, then went up.

OP
OP
captbo

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks folks

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that with the stock coil it is kind of noisy. I also bought the 5x8 coil you will hear so much about. The 5x8 coil is the coil for me. I like 3 bars from the top on sensitivity. I run 19 on disc as I want to hear those gold rings too. You can tell foil and bottle caps as the signal will not be crisp. May be a broken signal. Not strong at both ends.

OP
OP
captbo

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca I too have a 5x8 and I was concerned at the depth loss,, I had not experienced it but was told so ?

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I broke an ear on my original large coil. Bought the 5 X 8, and have had no loss of depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions