AT Pro Users...What settings do you use?

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently purchased my AT Pro, and I think the best setting for me (so far) is in pro mode-zero. I set the sensitivity to the highest setting I can in which I don't get too much chatter. Iron discrimination I set 30-35. This setting seems to give me a better feel for the size of the object, and the depth. I'm just wondering what setting some of the other AT Pro users are using. Also one of the areas I have hunted is producing quite a bit of silver coins. One huge pitfall though is the amount of trash there. In particular, the area is littered with aluminum wine screw caps...they drive me nuts. How do you guys deal with these? Do you notch them out? Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends on where I'm hunting.
1970's to date Fairgrounds in a small town: Pro Mode Custom, Sensitivity Max, Iron 40, Discrim nothing. This place is full of cans, pull tabs and bottle caps but its full of clad coins also. Found a few rings and one round ball.
18th century home site: Pro Mode Custom, Sensitivity notched down 1 or 2 (electric fence), Iron 20, Discrim nothing. 4 Colonial coins and 1 1790's LC, ton of buttons, a few CW items, etc.
19th century home site: Pro Mode Custom, Sensitivity Max, Iron 30, Discrim nothing. 1905 IH, 1924 Wheat, belt buckle, etc

I don't notch out anything and I dig nearly every signal except when I can tell its a can or something similar. I occasionally dig some iron.
Again it all depends on where you're digging. In the example you give I would not notch out the bottle caps.
Hope that helps.

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks WVARelics, that does help. I understand correctly...the Pro Mode Custom does apply the same discrimination as Coin Mode. I will try this next time out. Thanks again.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I run in pro zero mode sensitivity running wide open full and don't have anything notched out with iron discrimination at 35, I usually dig everything from 50 on up, I'm not sure what I'm missing in the 40s but I probably should be digging that to lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread