At pro

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,
I'm not from your part of the woods, but one of my detectors is an AT Pro. All I would ask is how great is the mineral content of your soil in which you wish to hunt. Where I live in NZ (Where's that!) the At Pro has to work in rather high mineral areas (85-90) and some moderate areas. May be it is just me but depth sensing seems more positive in moderate mineralization. Still bang for buck, I like it, you can pay much more to get just a little better

NHDUG

Nov 24, 2008
Mid southern NH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS,Minelab Excaliber 800, Ace 250, Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Get in pro mode, zero discrim., dig all #'s 50 and higher except 99(hot rocks) Ground balance in auto everytime and again if necessary during the area hunt. In pro mode the tones will let you know if it is deep by being quieter than a shallow louder tone. Except if it is just a tiny target, which can fool you for being deep. Still gotta dig-em. If it is quiet and shows deep on depth gage, the #'s can be lower like 48 46 45, I will dig to see if they come up in tone and Digital #'s.....they can and will be a good find sometimes. But generally stick to 50 and higher. I still need more experience with iron audio, it will help with bottle caps crimp on type. Good luck.

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree Pro mode and zero discrimination.
Its good to hear the full story, to what's under there.
In pro you will hear "a lot" of tones, and its only by digging that you will find out what those "subtle differences in tone roll" mean.
I am still learning, but after a while you can start trusting the tones more and only, referencing the screen for confirmation of a possible good target,
or in my case a possible addition to my bottle cap collection haha.
Oh and don't use your wife's Trowel for digging! I have discovered that its not really a good idea.

Sluice hunter

Greenie
May 29, 2012
Huron Co, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Jetco Treasure Hawk. Trying to get a real one!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant afford an AT Pro. But would love 1. Is the ACE 350 compairable?

OP
OP
tapoutade

tapoutade

May 16, 2012
Cheers guys for your imput. Ive already broke the wifes trowel, thats how i convinced her i need a gator digging tool lol. Im taking it out to england in 18 days so im trying to get really comfortable with it. I hve used a ace 350 and if you use the at pro in standard mode its pretty much the same, id say you get a little deeper with the at pro. Pro mode is what makes this machine great in my opinion. You also have a water proof detecter with the at pro.

Sluice hunter

Greenie
May 29, 2012
Huron Co, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Jetco Treasure Hawk. Trying to get a real one!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully I'll be able to find some good stuff and work my way up to an AT pro!! England would be an awsome place to hunt! Over here in the states we only have a few hundred years of western civiliization, over there you could find Roman reclics/ coins!! Good luck!

OP
OP
tapoutade

tapoutade

May 16, 2012
Thanks:) im big into the roman era and viking era so thats what im hoping for. Im actually from england but married an american lady and moved here 4 years ago, i only got into detecting since i moved here so never done any back in england. You would be very happy with the at pro, i think u get a hell of alot of detecter for the money. Hope u get one soon

mpro1

Feb 22, 2008
Long Island, New York
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
At Pro
Ace
Thanks:) im big into the roman era and viking era so thats what im hoping for. Im actually from england but married an american lady and moved here 4 years ago, i only got into detecting since i moved here so never done any back in england. You would be very happy with the at pro, i think u get a hell of alot of detecter for the money. Hope u get one soon

Just don't get anywhere near highly mineralized saltwater beaches the thing will drive you nuts.....dry salt sand and land/freshwater only....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread