..I think you will love it....Just get the 5x8 coil when you have the funds

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not the best balanced machine IMHO but not to bad weight wise. I agree with the sling option if weight is an issue.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if you are in the right area...You should be doing more Digging then swinging..lol

Sometimes if im in an area looking for old coins, relics etc....And my arm gets tired of swinging due to lack of singals...thats when i start digging gold signals to take a break.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think this is the machine I'm going with in a couple of weeks. Only got a budget of 650. Is it lightweight where I can swing for hours? The gti 2500 killed me after an hour. Hope I made a good decision.
Don't let the three pound weight fool you into thinking it's lightweight. It's the HEAVIEST 3lb detector I've ever swung. That 8.5x11 coil is like a pendulum and takes some effort to slow down at the end of each swing. (I will add that some people don't feel the weight/balance is an issue)
Don't get me wrong, I'm HUGE proponent of the ATP. It's a great detector at any price and unbeatable at the price they're sold for. I would HIGHLY recommend the 5x8 coil. It may not be a must have item but it's pretty damn close. Most of the users that get em keep on almost all the time because it works so well and really balances out the machine the way it should be.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT Pro is a fine machine!! It feels like a feather compared to my Safari. Perhaps one of the vendors here can hook you up with one with the 5"x8" coil which will make it even lighter. Don't let the smaller coil fool you either, it is hot on coins.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't let the three pound weight fool you into thinking it's lightweight. It's the HEAVIEST 3lb detector I've ever swung. That 8.5x11 coil is like a pendulum and takes some effort to slow down at the end of each swing. (I will add that some people don't feel the weight/balance is an issue)
Don't get me wrong, I'm HUGE proponent of the ATP. It's a great detector at any price and unbeatable at the price they're sold for. I would HIGHLY recommend the 5x8 coil. It may not be a must have item but it's pretty damn close. Most of the users that get em keep on almost all the time because it works so well and really balances out the machine the way it should be.

I agree, the balance with the stock coil is horrible, but with the5x8 it's not bad at all. Also, with a detecting buddy sling, its no problem at all. I love the AT Pro, a great machine

OP
OP
pristinelove89

pristinelove89

Jul 30, 2013
Thank you guys. I'm going to see joe demarco here in NJ and see if he can give me a deal.

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love my A T Pro, it finds more stuff than my higher priced White DFX. The weight is not an issue for me. I think it's pretty light.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions