Garrett Ace 350

Jpro

Jun 23, 2013
Nashville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thinking about upgrading to a Ace 350 can you tell me some things about it?

Yes, I can tell you not to purchase one. I'm a long time Garrett user. Personally I've used the 250 like forever. However, when I upgraded to the Garrett ATpro..well, just a huge difference. I detect for Civil War relics only. Not sure what you hunt for but if you can spend a few more dollars you know my choice. ATpro over ace 350.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the 250 now for 6 months. It is an awesome machine. The coil that comes with the 350 should give you better depth than the standard coil that comes on the 250. I have found 78 rings in that 6 months that I have been detecting with the 250. Of those 12 have been gold...8 silver and the rest were costume rings...not gold or silver...some were gold plated.... The machine paid for itself the first month I had it. I have learned that the best way to hunt with it is to run in all metal mode and discriminate iron only.. and run the sensitivity about 2/3 rds ..this gives you the best depth of detection. You will want to dig any signals that fall into the foil range as I have found gold that rings in that area on the scale depending on what it is. You never know till you dig it up. I dig anything that is near the nickel range......that's where the gold is. I assume that the 250 and the 350 are pretty much the same machine with different coils. I will be upgrading my coil to the 13" DD Ultimate coil to get the depth I'm looking for. Other than that....it's an easy machine to learn and does a great job of allowing you to learn to know the difference of the tones .....telling you what is down there before you dig. This takes some time to learn in the beginning. The bell tone is great on coins.....very accurate... and the pin-pointing is great also. Makes digging an easy task. I've used Bounty Hunters before and I must say I like Garrett a lot more...! Of course if we all had the money to spend on a machine...people will say go for the AT Pro.....I'm sure it's an awesome machine also. Good luck with your choice....can't go wrong with a Garrett.

DiggityDiggity

Sep 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a 350. I like it so far. I've detected all types of soil and its pretty darn accurate. Clad always rings right on the money. The pennies sometimes will fluctuate between one under copper, to copper, to dime. Silver always rings consistently in the silver range. I haven't had any glitches so far with my machine. The only problem I've had was detecting sandy beaches. The signals go wacky and give many phantom signals from the minerals in the sand. I tend to stick to the grassy sections of beaches because of this. As goldkey says, the pinpointer on the machine is very nice. 80+ percent of the holes I dig, the object is right in the middle of the hole. Overall, for the money, the 350 is a keeper. As much as I love the 350, all I hear is good things about the AT Pro. I've been thinking about workin the corner a few nights turnin tricks so I can purchase one! Let us know what you decide to do! Cheers

Last edited:
OP
OP
bountyhuntergirl86

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I can tell you not to purchase one. I'm a long time Garrett user. Personally I've used the 250 like forever. However, when I upgraded to the Garrett ATpro..well, just a huge difference. I detect for Civil War relics only. Not sure what you hunt for but if you can spend a few more dollars you know my choice. ATpro over ace 350.

That sounds good, But my husband put me on a spending budget...

OP
OP
bountyhuntergirl86

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a 350. I like it so far. I've detected all types of soil and its pretty darn accurate. Clad always rings right on the money. The pennies sometimes will fluctuate between one under copper, to copper, to dime. Silver always rings consistently in the silver range. I haven't had any glitches so far with my machine. The only problem I've had was detecting sandy beaches. The signals go wacky and give many phantom signals from the minerals in the sand. I tend to stick to the grassy sections of beaches because of this. As goldkey says, the pinpointer on the machine is very nice. 80+ percent of the holes I dig, the object is right in the middle of the hole. Overall, for the money, the 350 is a keeper. As much as I love the 350, all I hear is good things about the AT Pro. I've been thinking about workin the corner a few nights turnin tricks so I can purchase one! Let us know what you decide to do! Cheers

Oh no not the corner! Lmao!

OP
OP
bountyhuntergirl86

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the 250 now for 6 months. It is an awesome machine. The coil that comes with the 350 should give you better depth than the standard coil that comes on the 250. I have found 78 rings in that 6 months that I have been detecting with the 250. Of those 12 have been gold...8 silver and the rest were costume rings...not gold or silver...some were gold plated.... The machine paid for itself the first month I had it. I have learned that the best way to hunt with it is to run in all metal mode and discriminate iron only.. and run the sensitivity about 2/3 rds ..this gives you the best depth of detection. You will want to dig any signals that fall into the foil range as I have found gold that rings in that area on the scale depending on what it is. You never know till you dig it up. I dig anything that is near the nickel range......that's where the gold is. I assume that the 250 and the 350 are pretty much the same machine with different coils. I will be upgrading my coil to the 13" DD Ultimate coil to get the depth I'm looking for. Other than that....it's an easy machine to learn and does a great job of allowing you to learn to know the difference of the tones .....telling you what is down there before you dig. This takes some time to learn in the beginning. The bell tone is great on coins.....very accurate... and the pin-pointing is great also. Makes digging an easy task. I've used Bounty Hunters before and I must say I like Garrett a lot more...! Of course if we all had the money to spend on a machine...people will say go for the AT Pro.....I'm sure it's an awesome machine also. Good luck with your choice....can't go wrong with a Garrett.

Thank you very much for the info... and a AT PRO will be my next upgrade :-)

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my AT Pro...but for the money you're talking; i'd look at a Tesoro or a Fisher.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the are some machines to consider are Fishers F2 or F4 and Tesoro's Cibola or sillver umax....

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this on your other thread earlier, bat those pretty eyes at your husband and tell him you want the AT Pro, work the corner in your house and convince him LOL. Just my opinion, if you were to spend the money on a Ace 350 I would spend the extra few hundred and get a AT Pro. The versatility of being able to hunt in water, in rain and in the soil surrounding lakes, rivers, and oceans is worth the extra money. I realize I don't know your finances and it might be easy for me to say, but I know I shopped around and did ask for better prices on the net (and got it). If there is a way of financing your purchase over time you won't even feel it. I love my AT pro, I believe for the money it will do what allot of the higher price machines will do and you don't have to worry about it getting wet. I know with some of the machines priced well over a thousand dollars you can't get them wet. I'm just trying to be helpful, not telling you what you should or should not do.

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds good, But my husband put me on a spending budget...

Tell him to reconsider or you may put him on a nookie budget (highy restricted budget). He'll reconsider! The AT Pro is well worth the few extra bucks. I even like it more than my Minelab SE. I do have a 5x8 coil on the ATP which makes it lighter for long, long hunts and seperates trash better. Good luck however you go.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fishers have a great reputation and maybe you can pick up a good deal at a main vendor this time of year. My mister bought a Fisher instead of the AT Pro because it fit what he was looking for better because a long time relic hunting friend of his said that's what the pros use.Not sure if the model number of the Fisher that he uses,maybe an F2? Are you looking to do any hunting at beaches because there are a few Bounty Hunter machines that are waterproof.

Last edited:

DiggityDiggity

Sep 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell him to reconsider or you may put him on a nookie budget (highy restricted budget).

Good god man. Don't suggest this! I have fallen victim of this "budget" countless times. It's hell man, pure hell!!!

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first "newer" detector was a Ace 350. Once I had gotten used to it I decided to upgrade to the AT Pro. It was a very smooth transition and I have really kicked butt with the AT Pro this season. My son is using the Ace 350 now and when he is ready he can use my other AT Pro.
Good luck and happy hunting!

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 350 is a good machine but I think you will want to upgrade from it in a short amount of time. Hold out for the at pro if at all possible. Maybe Bart has a "previously loved" at pro??
Keep an open mind to other models as well..whatever you choose I'm sure you will continue to have success in the future.HH

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking such an upgrade would warrant a name change. Perhaps Ace350girl or ATProgirl. Or, perhaps you plan to hunt in more rugged terrain and risk injury, in which case, AceBandageGirl would suffice. Just thinkin'.

HH

Mariposagold

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you want " high performance " , buy a tesoro cibola. It is a " turn on and go" machine. If the cibola is out of your budget then look at the Tesoro Silver Umax. Dont be decieved by its simplicity. Other wise the Garrett 350 is an easy to use high perfomance machine. The coil on a 350 is a tad large for coins so you might consider buying two coils for the Garrett. The Fisher f 2 IS easy to use too. You won't go wrong on any of the detectors mentioned here.

The Garrett AT Pro might be too much machine for a first time owner. I'm not sure , I dont use one.

Last edited:

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good god man. Don't suggest this! I have fallen victim of this "budget" countless times. It's hell man, pure hell!!!

What kind of man that has a wife they enjoys detecting would restrict her spending on the hobby? Not a sane one! Just joking of course but I would encourage my wife to mortgage the house for more detecting stuff! Anything but the bike!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions