Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using an AT Pro for a year now and am comfortable with it in Pro Zero search mode and loving the machine. Recently I won another AT Pro at an event at Kellyco in Florida and took it out for a morning of detecting. One thing I notice almost immediately was the difference in sensitivity between the new and the old. The new machine was picking up on smaller items that the older machine would just pass over. Unfortunately they were all little pieces of foil but they were being picked up none the less. Has there been a software update on the AT that is making the newer ones more sensitive?

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
batteries?sens setting?coil connections?gb setting?do a factory reset on old one,new batts and test again...also if you have a coil cover on old one...remove and clean.

ground balance both on same spot and see if same result.make everything equal even coil cable wrapping.

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a software change from the first generation Garrett AT Pro units that started with 500 or 510 serial numbers. I'm not sure of it's purpose, but several of those units had change done when sent in for repair.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you could become a swinging machine! Two ATP's, one on each arm! Imagine the possibilities (And laughter from a-far)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Because of the various tolerances same components, two identical metal detectors will not be exactly the same with their various programs.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
11111.jpg
Man, you could become a swinging machine! Two ATP's, one on each arm! Imagine the possibilities (And laughter from a-far)

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bahaha, I was trying to find some dork swinging two coils as for reference, beat me to it!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well congrats on winning!!!.. All I got was free swag, hats, pens.... and a free water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread