AT pro

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is a bunch of "junk" you are going to miss a bunch of silver, rings, and even old gold coins if you don't just take your time and dig it all. Map(grid) the yard, take all the good hits narrow it down, then map the yard again and take the questionable hits, well by now you know if the yard is worth a 3rd mapping. If you haven't pulled nice stuff after the 2nd go might not want to waste the time unless you know grandpa buried the jar. I found coins in a coffee can one time!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Iā€™m looking for advice on best way to setup the AT pro on homesteads with many targets?...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to BRANDS > MINELAB > GARRETT AT PRO for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! Description: This section contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is not necessarily a mode you can turn on but you are able to notch certain number ranges that you want the machine to pick up on.

OP
OP
Winchester416

Winchester416

Feb 18, 2022
Thatā€™s what I was looking for, thank you! I want to hear the edge difference, and look for consistency!

How well does this work on gold in addition to silver?

OP
OP
Winchester416

Winchester416

Feb 18, 2022
If there is a bunch of "junk" you are going to miss a bunch of silver, rings, and even old gold coins if you don't just take your time and dig it all. Map(grid) the yard, take all the good hits narrow it down, then map the yard again and take the questionable hits, well by now you know if the yard is worth a 3rd mapping. If you haven't pulled nice stuff after the 2nd go might not want to waste the time unless you know grandpa buried the jar. I found coins in a coffee can one time!
I have a few sights that are full of stuff, and are high likelihood of a great cache.... But I canā€™t dig every target as is...

OP
OP
Winchester416

Winchester416

Feb 18, 2022
You will want to hunt in Pro Zero mode, with zero discrimination, instead of Standard. Thatā€™s where youā€™ll hear different tones, for different metals. Dig everything. Good luck.
Thatā€™s what I was looking for, thank you! I want to hear the edge difference, and look for consistency!

Thank you!!!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you!!!
Silver is unmistakable. A high pitch, generally 82/83 and higher. So are clad coins. I have found gold jewelry,
anywhere from 42 to 73 on the VDI. Youā€™ll dig a lot of pull tabs if you want to find gold. As far as a cache goes, Iā€™ve never found one so I donā€™t know how that sounds, or feels. šŸ˜‚

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread