At the beach: When it rains, it pours!

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Which is about all it did too! :weather_rain: Soaked!

So I've been stupid busy since I got out Saturday morning so sorry for the "Yesterday's Find" post. It was a little bit of a disappointing hunt considering how little I found but still an important one because it forces some decisions. I'm still a newbie but I really didn't have much intention of hitting the beaches often when I decided to start MDing (not really high traffic like down south). The dry weather has made parks and yards difficult so I retreated to the beach. The one I go to the most is ok with the plastic shovel and pinpointer but the one on Saturyday drove my Garrett PP AT absolutely bonkers to the point of being useless which meant waving the shovel in front of my coil.

I've decided that I need to assume every year will be dry and I'll be going to beaches. Guess I'll be ordering a scoop so that I don't need the PP at the beach. It would have been a lot less frustrating Saturday if I had one.

DigToChina
image.jpg

Upvote 9

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you need a better pin pointer you can always ask for advice on that also I know if you go to the woods the ground seems much softer also there are some very good digging tools for dry land like a lecshe don't get frustrated get better learn more I know how you feel here in Michigan winters the ground is frozen solid. Also I see the section on beach hunting lots of good tips and some of these guys clean up!!!!!Thanks for sharing

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For struggling that's still some nice finds. Don't give up on the beach. A good scoop is the way... hands down! Always bring a PP just in case you get something small that falls through your scoop. Happened to me... drove me nuts! Luckily another beach digger had his and helped me find stud earring.

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Md
Sounds like you need a better pin pointer you can always ask for advice on that also I know if you go to the woods the ground seems much softer also there are some very good digging tools for dry land like a lecshe don't get frustrated get better learn more I know how you feel here in Michigan winters the ground is frozen solid. Also I see the section on beach hunting lots of good tips and some of these guys clean up!!!!!Thanks for sharing

I have the Garrett Pinpointer AT and for most of the year, it's been fine but for whatever reason at two beaches close to home, it works for a couple of swipes and then goes nuts (won't balance, keeps going crazy up in the air). Black sand maybe? Haven't been able to recreate it outside of those two beaches.

I have the Lesche and the rains are finally starting to arrive so back to the parks I will go. Always a good suggestion to watch the boards. I've been lurking for about eight months now before I started to post. Wouldn't know half of what little I know without some of the great posts you guys put up.
DTC

Last edited:

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, you weren't skunked; so call it a good day! I never leave home without my pin pointer, but if I were to beach hunt I would definitely get a scoop if for no other reason than to save my back and knees from bending over to retrieve countless pull tabs and other common beach trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions