At the scene of the crime.....Good day for finds...Just not the best day to hunt

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Well i made it back to the house from Saturday where i heard the gunfire. I still have not heard anything about the shooting...However the trailer is wrapped with police tape....So who knows...Well i went up there today around 1 to sell the homeowner my Prizim II. I told him i did not want to sell it however he offered me 400 dollars for it. I told him they do not cost this much used on eBay...(or new)...And he said he wanted to help me out and then i could give him lessons. Well i had decided not to hunt today because of the 97 deg heat...Oh and the 230% humidity...BUT...He told me his wife still had to run to the bank and he was really hoping i could detect so he could watch. Well i did not want to break his heart....SO....I grabbed the XLT out of the car...only problem is my pouch and pin pointer were back on my desk...sigh...Well i thought for a second and remembered...Oh goody my backup pin pointer was in the glove box!!! Thank god....Im lost without it....Well we decided to choose the only spot where there was any shade to swing...There was a nice breeze coming off the lake. I dug a lead bead looking thing in my first hole....then i noticed my MD was going bat chit...Well i quickly realized there was a electric doggy fence in the ground less than 8 feet away from where we were. I decided to hunt here i would just need to take my time. My next signal was 2 inches down under a pine tree....Out pops a 1908 barber dime!!! I was thrilled....First barber on this site!!!! Well Stan the homeowner says...Would it be ok if i have this one....I said Stan....NO....Then after seeing the funny look on his face i assured him i was only kidding...I told him any coins i find today except quarters and half's he could have. Well this got his blood flowing. He was like a job foreman sitting in his chair below the shady pine tree. Telling me to dig faster...lol. Well i only stayed for 20 more minutes due to an amazing tree dropping hail slamming storm. Oh and by the way Nickel_buff1935....A tree fell on your boat....Sorry......(no damage). Well i finished the day with.....
If anyone can date the Wedge or Axehead let me know.

1 1908 Barber dime
1 1892 Indian head
1 1944 Mercury dime
1 1910 S Wheat cent
1 1903 V Nickel
1 Lead weightish thingy
1 Giant wedge
1 Axe head

Here are some pics...

5403trn.jpg
4tto4y0.jpg

4xmbpy1.jpg
4or67sw.jpg

4v4gdi9.jpg
5zqg1ea.jpg

4uadlkj.jpg
4xzark8.jpg

Here is the wedge
4levsph.jpg
6afnlv8.jpg

And the Axe head
5ybyfdi.jpg
67ofq6c.jpg

Upvote 0

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: At the scene of the crime.....Not the best day....But still worth while.

Nice finds! particularly the coins!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Not the best day for you, maybe! It would be quite memorable for most of us! Sounds like a great place.

3searchin

Jun 20, 2006
3 in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, Whites TDI beachhunter

Not a bad day......For not wanting to hunt !! LOL

Those finds kind of made up for all the sweating huh?

Great finds. Still waiting for my first barber...

Congrats
3S

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used

halfdime said:
Not the best day for you, maybe! It would be quite memorable for most of us! Sounds like a great place.
It isnt that it wasnt a good day as far as finds...but OMG it was HOT and the storm killed me.

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Re: At the scene of the crime.....Good day for finds...Just not the best day to

The homeowner just called me he pulled 3 indian head cents out of the ground tonight....His first 3 dug signals!!! This guys is going to clean it out on me....sniff!!! I am happy he found them though. I created yet another monster!!

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds OR--Congrats---That is one hot spot for sure.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Sounds like an incredibly sweet man. Wish there were more of those types around.

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used

Jack(IN) said:
Who got the 1910-S wheat??
I kept that one. I decided to keep all wheats and clad.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Let the competition begin. You two are raking it in! Way to go on getting some one else into the addiction.

Chester Copper Pot

Apr 16, 2005
WI
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro
Great finds outraged. I need to know how you get your resolution on your coin pics to see the dates. My coin pics so far are blurry.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Great finds for not wanting to hunt and to think you also made an old man very happy. You'll have a hunting buddy for life now. Keep up the good work and glad you weren't hit in the shooting.

Desertfox

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outraged,
I'm still drooling over your last post, and now THIS! :o An incredible spot you found.
Congrats on all your coins. That's the oldest wheat I think I've seen.
Last time you blew out your jeans, and this time you got a giant wedgy. Can hardly wait to see what happens on your next hunt. Better bring a spare pair of pants. ;D
Congrats. Awesome post.
-MM-

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used

ModernMiner said:
Outraged,
I'm still drooling over your last post, and now THIS! :o An incredible spot you found.
Congrats on all your coins. That's the oldest wheat I think I've seen.
Last time you blew out your jeans, and this time you got a giant wedgy. Can hardly wait to see what happens on your next hunt. Better bring a spare pair of pants. ;D
Congrats. Awesome post.
-MM-
LMAO...too funny. I am a bit nervous now about going back to that place...lol.
I guess the reason my pics come out so nice is because i just got a new camera. It is only 7.1 MP but it has Macro mode and Super Macro mode. I picked it up from Walmart and it is very inexpensive. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5634162 The Super Macro focuses from 1 CM to like 3 inches.

R

RUDY2003

Real nice bunch of coin buddy!
That must be a great huntin' site....

Keep safe...

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

The look on the owner's face when you said NO must have been priceless. ;D :D I always hate giving up my nice barbers but they are not really mine anyway. It's fun just to find them and make the owner happy.

Did you drink another 12 pack of pepsi? ;)

Bob

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mirage said:
I always hate giving up my nice barbers but they are not really mine anyway. It's fun just to find them and make the owner happy.
Bob

Bob,
I still haven't found a Barber, so I wouldn't know what that wonderful feeling is like. :'( ;D I was fortunate enough to actual see some though in Ridley's hand. ;D
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions