Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those coin star finds add up fast a lot of foreign coins and a few US silvers once in awhile , i took a photo of last years total i got from my market i work the coin star machine is a busy one . Keep looking Jim :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 100_1579.jpg
    100_1579.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 698
  • 100_1578.jpg
    100_1578.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 698
  • 100_1579.jpg
    100_1579.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 676
  • 100_1578.jpg
    100_1578.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 669

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Man, you pull a lot of silver from those teller trays. LOL. I hardly ever see silver in teller tray boxes. :icon_thumleft:

Any luck with those Dunbar dime boxes other than new coins? I haven't tried the paper dime rolls yet. I hardly ever look at Coinstar machines but perhaps I should. Everytime I looked, there was nothing in the reject tray.

OP
OP
S

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
SFBayArea said:
Man, you pull a lot of silver from those teller trays. LOL. I hardly ever see silver in teller tray boxes. :icon_thumleft:

Any luck with those Dunbar dime boxes other than new coins? I haven't tried the paper dime rolls yet. I hardly ever look at Coinstar machines but perhaps I should. Everytime I looked, there was nothing in the reject tray.
Today I did also did 2 $500 boxes of clear wraps Complete trash ,garbage both of them. Ive been really disgusted with boxes lately and trying to focus on cwr dimes and halfs I havent found any Dunbars this week but I know they are awaiting me

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Deepdiger60 said:
Those coin star finds add up fast a lot of foreign coins and a few US silvers once in awhile , i took a photo of last years total i got from my market i work the coin star machine is a busy one . Keep looking Jim :thumbsup:

What's the King George V Canadian cent date on the bottom left? I do like those old King George V's. Too bad one can't exchange foreign coins for U.S. money. Currency only. Canadians and Euros are ok in my book since the Canadians are worth about the same and Euros a little more. Still waiting one day to go on a trip so I can release them back to where they came from.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
santafeboy said:
SFBayArea said:

Today I did also did 2 $500 boxes of clear wraps Complete trash ,garbage both of them. Ive been really disgusted with boxes lately and trying to focus on cwr dimes and halfs I havent found any Dunbars this week but I know they are awaiting me

Did they have those 2 boxes left over as part of an old batch? I had my bad string of clear wrap coins too. I'm really not into doing paper wrapped rolls of dimes. Strangely I don't mind paper rolls of cents though. I have a box of Dunbar cents that I plan on re-using the wrappers for copper cents. I re-crimp wrap the ends which takes a lot of work believe it or not to make it look like new. There is an art to it.

butch325

Jan 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow:I may be missing something here,but how do you go about finding coins in a coinstar machine? Just wondering?

OP
OP
S

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
SFBayArea said:
santafeboy said:
SFBayArea said:

Did they have those 2 boxes left over as part of an old batch? I had my bad string of clear wrap coins too. I'm really not into doing paper wrapped rolls of dimes. Strangely I don't mind paper rolls of cents though. I have a box of Dunbar cents that I plan on re-using the wrappers for copper cents. I re-crimp wrap the ends which takes a lot of work believe it or not to make it look like new. There is an art to it.
The banks I got them from havent switched to Dunbars yet. Im not looking forward to paper wraps like you I can check a clear wrap box in 20 minutes or so, dump them and move on. I dont like wasting time opening and rewrapping 100 rolls especially if they are junk

OP
OP
S

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
butch325 said:
:dontknow:I may be missing something here,but how do you go about finding coins in a coinstar machine? Just wondering?
Reject tray

butch325

Jan 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for answering my question Santafeboy! I feel like a idiot! But i guess you wont know until you ask, thanks again.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
Deepdiger60 said:

What's the King George V Canadian cent date on the bottom left? I do like those old King George V's. Too bad one can't exchange foreign coins for U.S. money. Currency only. Canadians and Euros are ok in my book since the Canadians are worth about the same and Euros a little more. Still waiting one day to go on a trip so I can release them back to where they came from.

It,s a 1936 Jim

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Dont know if i got this site from here or not but samsung coin exchange in philidelphia will buy certain foreign coins .

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dumping bank is a TDbank, their coins machine has a magnetic tray that take all the foreign coins. It is ok to take that coins when I am dumping? I know this is a silly question but since this is a bank I don't know if it is ok. I am new on this.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time I was cleaning the magnet off and the branch manager said "that's not yours" I replied "Well, it isn't yours either. Besides, how do you know it didn't come out of what I just dropped in there?"
She looked at me like I had two heads and walked away.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
markmopar said:
If you ask they will likely tell you no.
I don't ask.

I dump at a CU and I always ask for the magnet coins and they always give them to me. I would have not even be able to take them out without opening the machine as they are deep inside the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread