At what silver price would you go "all in"?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always wondered how low the price of silver would have to go before I pulled the trigger and cashed in my entire life savings to buy all of the silver I could get my hands on. At one point that price was $20. Now that price is around $10-$12. I think this could be an interesting discussion.

So let's hear it. At what price would you consider betting your whole life's savings (and potentially even borrowing money) to buy all the silver you could buy? At what price would you feel 100% comfortable that you "couldn't lose"? Let's assume that the economy hasn't collapsed and we are not in a SHTF situation. Assume that due to whatever circumstance, the silver price has temporarily tanked, the economy is fine, you still have a job, and getting your hands on all the physical silver at that price point is not an issue.

Let's hear your thoughts.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all in ? $1.00 an .oz

of course my whole life savings is about $300.00 :tongue3:

it will need to hit $5.00 before I'd even start buying

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you folks really think Silver will ever drop under $20.00 an ounce again?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you folks really think Silver will ever drop under $20.00 an ounce again?

probably the same day gas hits .99 per gallon :tongue3:

but we can still hope :laughing7: nothing is written in stone

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that putting all your eggs in one basked is not a very wise idea. Let say silver hits the $10 mark, that will be a very nice price to sell the house the car, the wife and the dog and get all the silver you can. When people from the silver bubble of 1980 saw the price drop to $10 in 1982 many invested everything they had on silver thinking it will go up overnight again but what they did not new was that from 1982 to almost 2005 silver was under that $10 mark flat price. The question is... are you willing to invest all your money in something that can have a flat price for 20-30 years? I am not saying that we are in the same situation of the 80's but there is the possibility, we certainly do not know the future only the past. That same money will produce a lot more invested somewhere else in that amount of time. Now don't get me wrong I will buy a lot of numismatics plays if the price goes that low but I will never put all my money into one investment.

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it went to $26 last time. from $26 to $20 the diference is not that much. I think that in the near future we will revisited several prices form $10 to 50. Silver is very volatile and anything can happen.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if Silver reaches $10.00 you can expect very few (with any brains) would sell without tacking at least a $25.00 per oz Premium.
unless they are desperate for a pack of smokes, crack or a gambling fix.

I personally Sell silver at $350.00 per OZ. & as I said Buy for $5.00 per oz.

IF silver stays below $10.00 for 10 years or so, then people will forget & Start selling

but either way in all honesty, IF You go all in , How would you expect to survive till the turn around ?

anyway, this is why I'd wait till it hits the possible bottom before .
this way if it did hit $1.00 & no premium, if it doubles, I can sell some & profit :laughing7:

of course to buy large silver with minimal premium, I believe you have to buy imaginary silver on paper.
& If the paper Seller has a bigger imagination then physical to back it, you loose even on a rise.

Last edited:

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few days ago, or maybe a few weeks ago, (hey, I'm old), I saw on the Web, or maybe the business section of my local paper, (still old), side by side charts showing the price of silver and gasoline increased and descreased at the same time. Both go up, both go down. Uncanny how close those lines were. I have no idea what that means. Just something for those (everyone) smarter than me to consider before buying or selling.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw on the Drudge Report the price of gasoline is suppose to drop .50 cents. Lets watch it and see if silver follows. Might give somebody something to think about. Or, maybe not.

onlyforthebrave

Tenderfoot
Oct 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually consider myself all in, and my buy price would be the lower $20s an ounce. :)

NjStacker22

Dec 9, 2012
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would never go 'all in' because if SHTF in the silver markets I would be 'all out'. Risk is one thing, setting yourself up for a complete disaster is another.

But to go along I would invest VERY heavily if it broke back into the teens :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread