Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, going on a family vacation in a couple of weeks to the Bahamas. I think we

are going to stay at the royal towers if I am not mistaken.

I have a hard case(plano) for the CTX and hope to find some trinkets. I am going to take

the grey ghost headphones and the Garret carrot pinpointer. Plus a basic sand scoop.

Any thoughts or advice(ie.. bothered by the locals, bad or good idea??) would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You cannot go wrong and you will find jewelry. I go every year and have always done well. I work on a yacht and hit it hard every time we stop there. There is a lot of ground to cover but it is better in the water if there is calm weather. Dry sanding is good to there are thousands and thousands of people pouring through the beaches every month. I would say leave somthing for me but it dosent matter . By the time you get to the end of the beach someone has lost somthing new on the other end . It is a literal gold mine. I found a one ounce 14 k gold lions head charm 2 years ago and many other great finds. You can put the metal detector down and walk the rocky parts of the beach, look in the pot holes and tide pools and you will pick up coins by the handful. It is an INCREDIBLE place. One of my top ten hotspots for sure. There are some great videos on YouTube. Type in metaldetecting atlantis bahamas. If you are staying at atlantis you will have access to all the best beaches. If you are staying off property you will be restricted from the best beaches. I hope to be there at the end of January too.summer is best for water detecting. The waves and tidal surge can be brutal except in the calmest of conditions. Talk to the life guards they will all tell u stories of lost jewelry and rolex watches. I would wish you good luck but you wont need it. You cannot miss there.the beach called the cove is where the springbreak/young crowd tend to hang out most, and has always been good. At sunset you will be able to find many great items just left on the beach and access spots that are normaly filled with sunbathers packed like sardines . The jetski rental beach is also very rich with finds.

OP
OP
Agent Green

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for the info it is greatly appreciated. I will let you know how I do... :icon_thumright:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That particular area you will find a channel beyond the aquarium. I was there before and after Atlantis was there. In that channel is a cement fixture with steps that go into the water. A early james bond movie was filmed there I believe Thunderball. Anyway the cement structure had something to do with the ww2 Nazi submarines in the Atlantic. Check it out and look up the history of it. Might find something there. I always wanted to detect the area. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread