Atlantis of the Sands

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
S

softmer

Greenie
Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's obviously not Atlantis, it's just what they call it. They call it Atlantis of the Sands because, supposedly, a large amount of sand covered the whole city, making it a lost city. I don't know the exact details, but it's something along those lines.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Softmer

Thank you for the interesting post. I heard about this story years ago. Well a version of it. An ancient collapsed in on itself over amassive sink hole. I could never remember much of the details. So thank you for bringing the topic up.

Crow.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello softmer

Here is some pictures of the site.

dsc06090.jpg

Ubar03.jpg

Ubar7.jpg

Anyway there is some debate among academic circles that it is not the correct site. However the Academics have not put a convincing case either way. Perhaps there is merit in their reservations or just plain jealousy because some one outside the archeological profession had made the discovery?

Interesting all the same.

Crow

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I agree that SEVERAL lost cities are covered with sand in ALL the deserts... OLDER than we thought "civilization" was possible. History WILL BE re-written; gotta pay attention to "myths", "legends" of the OLD DAYS; India is FULL of 'em.
"Archies" ALERT! "Google" Lost Cities of India; Lost City - Wiki. HH!

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Rebel thanks for the interesting links.:thumbsup:

Ya nearly this rebel rousing boozing womanizing out of his hammock and itching to go to India.

Crow

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hello Rebel thanks for the interesting links.:thumbsup:

Ya nearly this rebel rousing boozing womanizing out of his hammock and itching to go to India.

Crow

I have training as an "Archie" from James Madison University (I later changed Major...); India would have been my career "honey hole(s)"... HA!

OP
OP
S

softmer

Greenie
Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello softmer

Here is some pictures of the site.

View attachment 814557

View attachment 814558

View attachment 814559

Anyway there is some debate among academic circles that it is not the correct site. However the Academics have not put a convincing case either way. Perhaps there is merit in their reservations or just plain jealousy because some one outside the archeological profession had made the discovery?

Interesting all the same.

Crow

This is true

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello softmer

I have a friend who contacts me on occasion who is exploring the western parts of Saudi Arabia. He is photographing ancient petrographs in the remote mountain regions along ancient caravan routes.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread