Atlantis

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi Joe and thanks - this has no dust cover just the red cover, and has the copyright date and publication date of 1987 with the copyright assigned to the author, so I presume this is a first edition which is what it was advertised as. It is in such good shape, I doubt that it was ever read, even 'cracks' when you open it like a new book. Thank you again, was just alarmed that it did not say first edition at the price paid, as advertised.

PS here is another interesting article, mainly focused on tsunamis in the Atlantic but includes info on massive subsidences (including some which appear to be threatening NOW)
ftp://ftp.ngdc.noaa.gov/hazards/publications/ref0541_lockridge.pdf

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time that I was down there there were no visible artifacts, all buried under mud etc. Of course itis just wherre it is supposed to be, natural no?:laughing7:

The best condition for it being off of the coast of Spain is that so many salient points are covered by it's being there.including it's island structure rather than a continent. and curiously enough it's proposed location (actual location, I forgot ) is exactly where the conditions for it's being destroyed as it was, are concentrated there.

A humpty Dumpty theory. but if it works so what ??

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s Crow has given me a new project to work on, some missing gold bars.

p.p.s. That location is the only one around the world that fits all of the considered / proposed points regarding it's locatoin plus XXXXXX< -- my Ouiji board says so.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Last time that I was down there there were no visible artifacts, all buried under mud etc. Of course itis just wherre it is supposed to be, natural no?:laughing7:

The best condition for it being off of the coast of Spain is that so many salient points are covered by it's being there.including it's island structure rather than a continent. and curiously enough it's proposed location (actual location, I forgot ) is exactly where the conditions for it's being destroyed as it was, are concentrated there.

A humpty Dumpty theory. but if it works so what ??

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s Crow has given me a new project to work on, some missing gold bars.

p.p.s. That location is the only one around the world that fits all of the considered / proposed points regarding it's locatoin plus XXXXXX< -- my Ouiji board says so.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don Jose,

How do you know there were artifacts beneath the mud? :dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Well, Joe ????

Don JOse de La Mancha

Don Jose,

Well.......I can't escape the evidence that suggests that Thera/Crete was Plato's source for the legend of Atlantis. In separating the islands from his story, he created a, mostly, fictional tale. In the process he, once again, created the perfect society, place......people.

Just my unqualified opinion.

Trust all is well with you and Tayopa,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ah, but Crete was not destroyed by a subsidience but by a volcanic explosi9on. Incidentally what did you find when yu dove on Atlantis itself?

Don Jose

Don Jose,

You assume Plato's story is an accurate description for the islands destruction. In your opinion, is it possible that Plato's Atlantis story was a parable/analogy?:dontknow:

I have never done any diving. Is that a requirement for having an opinion on the existence of Atlantis? I have never seen Tayopa, but my opinion is........ that it exists.

Take care,

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe there is a remarkable series and number of coincidences in the location of the proposed Atlantis and The early descriptions, ----- or is it the other way around?? Too many to be only a casual coincidence.

Rebel, a OUIJI Broad is known as a substitute for mariatial training "YES" YES, OF COURSE" . Actually it is a physical apparatus for linking your subconscious with the unknown or para normal. Properly used it allows a wife to know of her hubbies travels and ilicit adventurers.

Don jose de La Mancha

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe there is a remarkable series and number of coincidences in the location of the proposed Atlantis and The early descriptions, ----- or is it the other way around?? Too many to be only a casual coincidence.

Rebel, a OUIJI Broad is known as a substitute for mariatial training "YES" YES, OF COURSE" . Actually it is a physical apparatus for linking your subconscious with the unknown or para normal. Properly used it allows a wife to know of her hubbies travels and ilicit adventurers.

Don jose de La Mancha

Don Jose,

OK, I believe you. What were the coincidences? Convince me.

Take care,

Joe

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Don jose de La Mancha

LOL! THAT explains EVERYTHING! Why my wife goes to Women Clubs meetings...

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, a pradox --> OK, I believe you. What were the coincidences? Convince me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First I have to convince myself and Oro.

Don Jose de La Mancha

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe, a pradox --> OK, I believe you. What were the coincidences? Convince me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First I have to convince myself and Oro.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don Jose,

Don't believe I mentioned a "pradox". What the hell is that?:dontknow:

I thought you were already convinced. What are the coincidences????

Take care,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,

Don't believe I mentioned a "pradox". What the hell is that?:dontknow:

I thought you were already convinced. What are the coincidences????

Take care,

Joe

Don Jose,

I thought that was a very easy question, with simple answers. Back in those days, everything that couldn't be answered was outside the Pillars of Herculese.

For every coincidence you found on your dive site, there are probably ten (10) on Thera/Crete. If anyone ever goes down, clears away the mud and finds flush toilets in buildings, I will be much closer to being convinced.

Good luck with that,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose,

Well.......I can't escape the evidence that suggests that Thera/Crete was Plato's source for the legend of Atlantis. In separating the islands from his story, he created a, mostly, fictional tale. In the process he, once again, created the perfect society, place......people.

Just my unqualified opinion.

Trust all is well with you and Tayopa,

Joe

Joe

The Solon story about Atlantis was the source for Plato story . I don't believe the Atlantis with the greedy and bloody warriors was the " perfect society , place....people " . I believe Plato have lived in the perfect society , he have lived in the Democracy .
Thera ( Santorini ) islands were /are a dry volcanic places without a possibility to make a developed agriculture .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread