Atlantis

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello,

Portugal has the most mysterious history of the world, envolving atlantis, templars and some lost secrets, even the nazis were in Portugal looking for special artifacts.

About atlantis you can start by looking for the book writed by Peter Daughtrey about silves city.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

BV

I rode the bus from Lagos and spent a day in Silves in 2017 - a nice little river city with a long history. Nice archaeological museum there. Next time I'll probably rent a car, as there's lots to explore on the back roads of Portugal. I saw the Daughtrey TV episode a couple years ago, which was interesting.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
atlantis was built on the rim of a super volcano, and it was off the coast of Spain. It was sunk by a plate subduction

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WEL LISN'T ANYONE GOING TO TAKE ISSUE WITH ME ??

Well Don Jose , the only issue is we don't know how off was Atlantis from the Hercules Pillars . The Pillars were the gate to the Atlantic ocean , and there was not detail if Atlantis was straight west or anywhere else in the ocean , and also not distances from the Pillars were mentioned .
Your mention of Atlantis been on a volcano rim could be correct , but been off the coast of Spain is only your opinion , which could be correct too .
The dimension of Atlantis being bigger than Asia ( Turkey and maybe middle east ) and Libya ( Egypt and maybe Libya and Tunisia ) together , shows how it was almost like a continent in dimension , which IMO would been impossible to sunk the whole land after a volcano eruption .

My opinion is how Atlantis was where we know today as Central America , with some extensions south and north .

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Marius, The Azores were the southern extension of Atlantis. Put all of the sland chain together and you have a consideral amount of land. atlantis was an island stater

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro, there are some things you have to combine theoricaly to arrive at a reasonable conclusion. For instance you have a three ringed base, that would require many centuries of work, but living on the rim of an inactive volcano. you would have the three rings of a caldera, also you have an unknown metal, which is found nowhere else, tremendous heat required, only as volcanio would do it. again we have a volcano , , which he specifically denies, and on. There are too many events which can only point toward a sea going nation that had hot water, and disapeared in a day and night, by subduction not volanisn .put them all together and you have Atlantis, a sea going nation that disappeared in a day and night.off of the coast of Spain. Plate subduction.

please forgive the typos and spelling. but I am still under the eye relaing drops thet put i your eye.

Last edited:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A caldera makes sense and doesn't even have to equal super volcano. Subduction, I'd love you to expand on that, Real?

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eu, if we are talking about a subduction we are talking about a plate movement, we must remember that we are talking about tectonic movements, , The Atlantis caldera is located at the approximation of three plates, an area of intense tectonic activities The north American, the asian, and the African. the plate which Atlantis was on, was overiden , forced down, by either t
the North American or the asian plate. Remember there was NO volcanisn involved
p.

p.s. I know hat you are a geologist, please excuse my lack of the proper terms.I

Last edited:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
eu, if we are talking about a subduction we are talking about a plate movement, we must remember that we are talking about tectonic movements, , The Atlantis caldera is located at the approximation of three plates, an area of intense tectonic activities The north American, the asian, and the African. the plate which Atlantis was on, was overiden , forced down, by either t
the North American or the asian plate. Remember there was NO volcanisn involved
p.

p.s. I know hat you are a geologist, please excuse my lack of the proper terms.I

OK, no I see where you're coming from. In some sense, it's correct - because principally most/all geological activity comes from plate tectonics in the area.
That makes it correct, in a general meaning, but also quite useless.

Also, how can you rule out volcanism?

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi Eu', because Plato specifically rules out Volcanism with his statement of in a day and night etc. No mention of volcanism or it's byproducts., just mud.

p,.s. I don't see how else you can explain the disappearance of Atlantis, except by subduction by either the north American or Asian plates. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hi Eu', because Plato specifically rules out Volcanism with his statement of in a day and night etc. No mention of volcanism or it's byproducts., just mud.

p,.s. I don't see how else you can explain the disappearance of Atlantis, except by subduction by either the north American or Asian plates. Thanks for your help.

The real problem claiming it went "underground" by subduction is simply because it takes a loooooooong time for even remotely the possibility to occur.
It's usually the bottom of the continental plates which are pushed under, it typically forms islands/mountains - not pushes them into the depths.

It seems more likely a byproduct of subduction - i.e. earthquakes - could more likely produce such results.

Oh boy, I feel like my explanation was terrible. But I hope the idea comes across. :occasion14:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EU, yes, thank you, it was adequate, but may I remind you of the recent occurance off the west coast of South America, they are constantly revising Geology. Perhaps it was one in a million occurance, but it is the only semi-logical explanation. The Azores being the southern end of the Atlantis Chain is still undergoing a form of subidience, it is pivoting counter clockwise under the northern plates.Who knows,perhaps the subduction was an only ocurace that we've found of that type to date. We are finding new geological data every so often Each tends to found new theories. schools of thought.

I tend to visualize a period of intensive period of intense pressure that finally jut had to let go with the result tht Atlantis was depresed violently. No valcanoism.

That's the beuaty of an amature visuallig tectonics, he is free to speculate for example Planet X's orbit has been calculates every 1800 years, The time frame of Atlantis, perhaps it's attraction was great enough to trigger a more swiiftly occuring reaction than normal. Incidently Planet X appearence has been shown in the bible, and other data.

Last edited:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
EU, yes, thank you, it was adequate, but may I remind you of the recent occurance off the west coast of South America, they are constantly revising Geology. Perhaps it was one in a million occurance, but it is the only semi-logical explanation. The Azores being the southern end of the Atlantis Chain is still undergoing a form of subidience, it is pivoting counter clockwise under the northern plates.Who knows,perhaps the subduction was an only ocurace that we've found of that type to date. We are finding new geological data every so often Each tends to found new theories. schools of thought.

I tend to visualize a period of intensive period of intense pressure that finally jut had to let go with the result tht Atlantis was depresed violently. No valcanoism.

That's the beuaty of an amature visuallig tectonics, he is free to speculate for example Planet X's orbit has been calculates every 1800 years, The time frame of Atlantis, perhaps it's attraction was great enough to trigger a more swiiftly occuring reaction than normal. Incidently Planet X appearence has been shown in the bible, and other data.

I've not heard of what happened in South America.

I think you'll find among other earthquakes can cause subsidence, also faulting, etc. Both fairly common in subduction zones.

Incidentally, what you describe:
"I tend to visualize a period of intensive period of intense pressure that finally jut had to let go"

Is faulting. Often accompanied by earthquakes. A bit simplified, but still. :)

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you, but Atlantis appears to have ben subducted by a series of events in a day and night

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
atlantis in silves

Hello,

Anyone read the "atlantis in silves" book ? Daughtrey, Peter | what do you think ?

I read the book, and i think the writer has done some good work.

There where found in portugal and spain stones with a ancient writing, it pre-dates all the known writing, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwest_Paleohispanic_script , it's my opinion that this writing is the writing used by the survivors of atlantis (pré-tartessian), it's still uncracked.

I will be in algarve in the next 2 weeks doing some field work near silves, maybe if i'am really luck i can find any artifact, i know some persons that have artifacts found in sea near algarve including a medallion with a strange misture of materials on top that do not rust, the meddalion features "astarte".

There are tartessians treasures found too in spain, the quality of the work is fantastic.

I recomend all to investigate the possible relation of this culture to atlantis.

Regards,

BV

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread