Atp battery ?

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out on a hunt today w some lithium batteries... Got about 30 hours or so on them, honestly Idk..could b way off.... ...anyways... I lost one bar...thought I'd be good to hunt the rest of the day...then, two holes/ten min later...lost another....then another.... Went from full to 1 bar in an hour, tops... So, I got home and checked each battery, all were full except for 1... This normal or is something up?..

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are they the rechargeable types? If they are the battery with the lower potential may have not been fully charged to begin with. If they are not rechargeable, it's probably just a defective one. I use Li-ion batteries a lot, but mostly rechargeable ones.

Roy

edit typos:BangHead:

Last edited:
OP
OP
bush13st_beav3r

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are they thte rechargeable types? If they are the battery with the lower potential may have not been fully charged to begin with. If they are not rechargeable, it's probably just a defective one. I use Li-ion batteries a lot, bust mostly rechargeable ones.

Roy

Tgey are the "9x life energizer" ones... Last time I used my other set til I lost a bar, then charged em full and put em in a bag then threw the bunk one in... I've charged both sets twice, set #2 is the problem set w the bad one...set 1 has done great and gets charged every few hunts, bout 20-30 hours on em. ..they aren't rechargeable, supposedly... But I do it anyways and just keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get tooooo recharged... I'll report back after I hunt w set 1 again to c if just one batt of 4 falls significantly.. ...sorry if this msg is hard to read, I'm multi tasking on top of multi tasking.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're charging Non-rechargeables! Never heard such a thing! Haha
Hey if they take the charge then great! Still, never heard of that'

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that I use those 9x longer batteries then same thing ur saying happend last for a while but soon as 1 bar goes they shoot down quick I actually just switched back to the Type that came with it & atually seems better like these r the 9x longer batteries

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You bought a battery charger & non-rechargeable batteries?

OP
OP
bush13st_beav3r

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're charging Non-rechargeables! Never heard such a thing! Haha
Hey if they take the charge then great! Still, never heard of that'

Oh yah, u can recharge em.....buuuuut, apparently only 4 or 5 times, then they start to poop-the-bed.. on my recent hunt I put set 1 in and in two hours, lost a bar, nother hour...lost the other two.... Tested them all....3/4 were at 1.5-1.6 volts...one .75 ...so, I'm making this a more controlled test I guess now by marking the batteries numerically and location, to see if the same spot goes bad faster...or if I can rotate them location wise n be good... ..this has me curious now

And WIT, I have rechargeable batteries, but I don't use them in my md bc they have a little bit lower voltage... While it may not account for any real world difference in tge performance area or longevity(personally I think they drain faster as well, that's just my opinion and I've read they don't, and ive read they do..)... But, set 1 of these "nonrechargable" lithium 9x has been charged 5 times now, and been in my detector since May 5th and get used daily, anywhere from 2-12 hours (my wife us starting to hate mding)...my estimate is that they've probly got about 150-180 hours on em.... Set 2 has 40-60 cuz I only use them while 1 is charging
beav3r

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christ,
It is very very hard reading your posts. You don't use any type of puncuation
whatsoever and it's very hard to tell where one sentence ends and another begins...
Just sayin'

Pete

I have heard that I use those 9x longer batteries then same thing ur saying happend last for a while but soon as 1 bar goes they shoot down quick I actually just switched back to the Type that came with it & atually seems better like these r the 9x longer batteries

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the way I c it, in not in school,not writing a story, just a quick post period I dont alot of others do punctuation either sorry it bothers u

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not meaning to highjack the topic or sway it from whats being dissussed but I ordered some Sanyo XX Powered by Eneloop AA Batteries (2500mAh) x 4 batteries for the AT Pro and should be getting them around June 5th....The cost was $16.80 including shipping....Updates will follow...

OP
OP
bush13st_beav3r

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not meaning to highjack the topic or sway it from whats being dissussed but I ordered some Sanyo XX Powered by Eneloop AA Batteries (2500mAh) x 4 batteries for the AT Pro and should be getting them around June 5th....The cost was $16.80 including shipping....Updates will follow...

Do update plz, I saw those and was curious on their functionality myself... Got a multimeter? If so, take readings and post what numbers Tgey are throwing brand new and after 1/5/10 hours of use pllleeeeaasse :)

-beav3r

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do photography and over the years I found the best batteries for my Camera's in AA where Canon. And lord knows I think I tried them all. However, I didn't put them in the MD yet; I go to Sam's Club and buy one of those huge pack of batteries for about ten bucks and they last me all year.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Potts

I've heard nothing but great reviews about the Eneloops!
Yes, keep us informed on how they work!

Pete

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread