ATP owners-- have you upgraded your headphones?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all know the ATP to be a bit more of an audio machine than display machine because it can pick up targets and not display because of depth. I found that the ATP really needs quality headphones so I've gone through many until I reached what I think is the best for me...the greyghost amphibian headphones. They give full range audio and really help on determining good and bad targets. That grunt or crackle before and after a bad target is easily heard with the GG headphones and has saved me a lot of labor on not digging junk. To me its funny to watch ppl using other brands of machines or even same machines during club hunts as I pass on a junk target but watch those who cant determine and dig up the junk. GGs are the way to go especially amphibian so if God says its time for rain I don't have to run and hide.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never even gave the stock phones a chance. I use the GG Ultimate, sound and comfort is outstanding.

pkirill

Jul 22, 2013
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, MI6 pinpointer, Lesche 40" ground shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gray Ghosts here and really like them but I also picked up the AT headphone adapter. I like a good pair of ear buds in the parks when it's hot out...

vilechild

Jan 20, 2015
Upstate, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the stock headphones then upgraded to the killer b's with the adaptor cord from Garrett. Big difference in sound and feel of the headphones,not to mention I can sit my detector on the ground and stand up without my headphones being ripped off my head, also using the adaptor cord I can just can unhook them if needed without taking 10 mins fiddling with the waterproof connector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread